World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all......this looks like a killer anybody had any success with it
The mackerel one is probably the most realistic looking mackerel I've ever seen.
Just wanted to know your thoughts and ideas.
Bob

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How have you found them.....Do you order them from the states?
I know that the £20= price puts people off but think of how much money is wasted on rubbish and days wasted using them.
Keep looking for that edge. I know this will b like hitting a moving target but thats what fishing is about.....
bob

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
You'll get a million different answers from different areas of the country mate! I've had a couple on the mullet colour in choppy slightly coloured water but nothing spectacular. Hasn't worked for me in calm or clear water though. You'll probably find that the next poster will swear it's the best lure since sliced bread, then the one after that saying it's utter rubbish, then the next one saying they can buy it cheaper than £20..... Lol!

Best advice I can give is if you like the look of it and think it can do a job for you (I reckon you've already got your heart set on it anyway...!) give it a whirl! Best of luck and tightlines!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi...
Yer think you're right... like the look... think it should work....
Said I would just stick to the ones in my box at the moment give them a good try out. But it's too much like a sweet shop and looking for the Holly Grail of the lure world.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
980 Posts
How have you found them.....Do you order them from the states?
I know that the £20= price puts people off but think of how much money is wasted on rubbish and days wasted using them.
Keep looking for that edge. I know this will b like hitting a moving target but thats what fishing is about.....
bob
check what the tax is before you order from states vat is payable over £17.00 worth of goods. but the post office charge £8.00 handling charge so take this in to account when ordering sometimes the delivery is faster than u.k but the post office can add an another week

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,446 Posts
I Had 2 , green and blue one , not made for are bass for sure , more of a GT popper abroad , gave both of mine away .

I always test if plugs are any good by sticking them on when bass are feeding hard .

Used these on a session , when i took 17 off the top ,

had a fish rise near it , take a look and swim off :headhurt:

I have a big net work of bassing friends , and have heard of only a few fish caught on them in 2 years
(and these were in slightly coloured water , so the bass more than likely couldnt see it properly )

maybe thats the answer , use them in a dirty sea ,

I like you loved the finish and the detail , but after hrs and hrs of use ,when lots of fish hitting every other topper i had , i gave mine away ,

hope this helps cheers
mark

·
Registered
415 Posts
you can get them in the uk.......google image search brought that one up first!

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It's just an expenisive popper with very large trebles. There are much cheaper alternatives about. But for long casts in chopper conditions it looks ideal.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,446 Posts
It's just an expenisive popper with very large trebles. There are much cheaper alternatives about. But for long casts in chopper conditions it looks ideal.
Maybe thats where i went wrong , i took them straight off , maybe it effected its action :unsure::g::unsure:

Huge trebles , which is why i stated , i dont think they were made for england , and our type of bass , they would not bend out on a great white :yucky:

·
Registered
369 Posts
You'll get a million different answers from different areas of the country mate! I've had a couple on the mullet colour in choppy slightly coloured water but nothing spectacular. Hasn't worked for me in calm or clear water though. You'll probably find that the next poster will swear it's the best lure since sliced bread, then the one after that saying it's utter rubbish, then the next one saying they can buy it cheaper than £20..... Lol!

Best advice I can give is if you like the look of it and think it can do a job for you (I reckon you've already got your heart set on it anyway...!) give it a whirl! Best of luck and tightlines!
well said mate :clap3:

ive only looked at mates one the green mackarel coluorings are excelent and uses his a lot and has sucess quite a bit . its not for me but like what bobbage says if you think it will work on your marks then go for it as it sounds like you have confidence in it already and thats half the battle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts