World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Have been looking at the Tackle House Nodes, has any one used these there are 130mm and 150mm also I think there is an fd which dives deeper. Are they much different to the feed shallows appart from being longer and slimmer. Would like to here your veiws and experiences with them.
Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have one of the 130FD's (Colour: #19 SAYORI Halfbeak). It's a bit more subtle action wise than the FS. Obviously dives deeper too but looks very good in the water when twitched. I have caught a few on it but it's not generally one of my more confident 'go-to' lures. A good lure though nonetheless.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have used the 130S version that MrFish stocks, Lovely lure in the water and it cast like a dream (long straight casts). It is really a very slow sinker, so great for pausing and twiching around structure. Great finish/colour.
I tend to use it in very clear water, would love to try the floaters. But at the moment the Tide minnow SLD is doing the business, so have been a bit slow buying the floater.

·
Registered
414 Posts

I will be using one of these babies in 150 tomorrow and through the next 2 months :marinheir

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I used Nodes this time last year when I was in Wexford, and to be honest I wasnt impressed with the action, I found it pretty dead and didnt wiggle much unless I really gave it a good jerk and crancked the hell out of it. In all fairness though I didnt give it long, half hour I suppose, and the action was good on every third cast I suppose.Maybe I need to give it another go, but I find it is easy to go off a lure if you are not impressed straight away. For a sinking lure I prefer the Duo Flyers, but once again they were pretty dead in the water too til I realised you gotta let them sink and they work better on the way up. Maybe thats what I needed to do with the Node......

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, the 150 node as pictured above did the royal deed today, a lovely 4lber with a very dark back

and a spritely 2lb ish, sorry but the piccie is into the sun, doh!

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,786 Posts
I used Nodes this time last year when I was in Wexford, and to be honest I wasnt impressed with the action, I found it pretty dead and didnt wiggle much unless I really gave it a good jerk and crancked the hell out of it. In all fairness though I didnt give it long, half hour I suppose, and the action was good on every third cast I suppose.Maybe I need to give it another go, but I find it is easy to go off a lure if you are not impressed straight away. For a sinking lure I prefer the Duo Flyers, but once again they were pretty dead in the water too til I realised you gotta let them sink and they work better on the way up. Maybe thats what I needed to do with the Node......
Mick maybee the 'node' model plugs dont give much action because they are a very slim plug and would probably only come to life when jerked from the wrist(if you know what I mean).
Prefer slightly more chunky plugs myself.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Well, the 150 node as pictured above did the royal deed today, a lovely 4lber with a very dark back

and a spritely 2lb ish, sorry but the piccie is into the sun, doh!
:thumbs::thumbs: nice one Si - hope to see you guys in October

1 - 9 of 9 Posts