World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am trying to find a decent tackle shop close to the Falmouth, St Austel, Mevigessey area.
I suppose by decent, I mean a good regular bait supply.
I am also looking for a replacement rod and reel, my primary set up is an Abu 6500 and 13ft conolon, gggreat rod and the reel is fine too.
any ideas.
I guess I would like something which compliments the exsisting rod ?

FishermanFigg

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Tackle shop in Mevagissey has decent bait, not sure of the rod prices though. You might want to have a look in Trago Mills for this side of things as they do have some cheap prices.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trago mills ?
last year I found a place which sold camping supplies, mobile homes etc, it also sold bait, lug, rag and frozen, is that Trago mills

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
trago mills ?
last year I found a place which sold camping supplies, mobile homes etc, it also sold bait, lug, rag and frozen, is that Trago mills
They do sell most things, stores can be found at Newton Abbot, Liskeard and Falmouth. So if you are in the St Austell Bay area then Liskeard is probably the closest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi there are several i use and know of around those areas. There is a good one at meva, one at the caravan place on the way to Pentewan that have lug,rag ,frozen eel,peeler and macky fillets. There is one in Truro my old man goes to for me it has good rag,eel,macky,cuttlefish baby sqiud etc. There are i think three in the st.a area one at par market (havent been there but its ok i think) one near the motor museum ( again havent been there as it is new. And the other is near Aldi near the video place. And the other one i know of which i believe does live eel is the tackle shop in par.

Help this may help you a bit?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much guys, I 'll see if I can find anumber or 2 so I can book it up for the week.

FishermanFigg

·
Registered
996 Posts
Try Paul at Boilie Stop par over near par market I have never been let down for bait by him I just give him a call usually same day and as i said always got my bait pm me if yopu want his number

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try Paul at Boilie Stop par over near par market I have never been let down for bait by him I just give him a call usually same day and as i said always got my bait pm me if yopu want his number

Thats fantastic Mr Worm dangler, I will pm you closer to the date, many thanks

Alan

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was going to suggest Paul at Boilie Stop, he may even make you a coffee, glad to see he's getting a mention.:clap2:

G

·
Tackle box , Falmouth, Andy has a good stock of Rods and reels as well as first class bait. one of the best in Cornwall

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tackle Box ?
Is that the one at the end of the one-way highstreet.
, turn right up the steepish hill.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tackle box , Falmouth, Andy has a good stock of Rods and reels as well as first class bait. one of the best in Cornwall
I'll 'second' Andy as a top recomendation. Fair prices, good selection and sound advice. He re-tuned my 6500 for free and likewise will service your reel for free ex parts. All round top guy. The shop is at the Maritime Museum end of town on Swanpool Hill. This is the road that runs up off the main street opposite Custom House Quay. He is open 7 days a week, but closes early on a Sunday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Deffo Boilie Stop. Never been let down by him.
If you can't get to him until after opening hours, if you let him know what time you will be there, if he can, he will stay open for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts