World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m planning to try some spots for turbot and placie. Depth is 10-30m, good sandy bottom. Method will be drifting mostly, possible also some anchoring.

I know there are good fiskung for turbot some places around the UK, hope some of you can help with good tackles for this type of fishing :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
As above for Plaice but when Turbot fishing you need to be hard on the bottom. Use a flat or watch lead on a flowing trace 4 - 8 feet in length. 30lb flurocarbon hook length and NO attractors.

Keep it simple and either bait with live sandeel or fillet the side off a fresh mackerel and cut it in half lengthways. A 4/0 fine wire hook or leastways one that is not too heavy in the guage.

T

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Here's a little tip, use a 1 up 1 down flapper, with whatever attractors suit your fancy but clip weights both top and bottom, I use anything up to 6oz on the bottom and a 2oz on the top, plain leads to allow a bit of movement this keeps both baits hard on the bottom and is very effective - just ask Blueskip.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
For plaice a small drilled bullet lead fished actually on the trace can be gud if the fish are taking the bait hard on the deck. I would use lighter line, say 15lb fluorocarbon for my traces, although i obviously up it is using a lead on my trace though to avoid abbrasion and line dammage. As many others have said plenty of 5mm alternating green and black beads, or even 8mm beads. The Delta spoons are good although pricey.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great tips here guys, realle appreciate it. I have about 80? turbots from shore but nione over 1kg so thats really in demand for me now.... I got some decent pacie`s but not from boat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts