World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after years of carp fishing all over the world,iv decided to statr sea fishing any one give me tips or a good web site to get me going in how when where and tackle,i know nothing about sea fishing what so ever,,,but i do live a stone's throw from chapel beach

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Wecome to the forum ,you'll get quite a few tips from reading whats posted on here ,Help on Rigs baits etc are all freely available ,some exact venues arn't mentioned every time but some helpful anglers will post the whole thing, My advice would be dont chase the fish after reading a good report but build up a bit of knowledge on a variety of beaches,,,,,its not like carp fishing ,most anglers on the beach are happy to give advice .....
Lincs coast,,,dont fish it a lot but its sandy beaches needing a good cast,this time of year its fresh peeler crab over everything else,,,if you aren't a multiplyer person yet then i'd advise a long beachcaster and good fs reel,,,,,Such as Mitchell avo surf reel and Shakey salt 15' beachcaster ( which are good value ,on evilbay or Glasgow angling you should get a rod and reel for under £100. ) That'll give you a good chance of a fish or two and will do for most east anglian beaches, If you need to get further out then its multi's , zziplex's and a world that I know little about....( and you'll not lose a lot when you come to sell your FS kit.....)
good luck

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the site there is this one http://www.ultimate-direct.co.uk[/url]
and there at hortonleclay i go there al the time for what i need and very helpful to hope this helps, or there is tackle 4 u at ingermels

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Welcome to the mad house, you will learn a lot on this site as its the biggest in the UK with over 50,000 members, best way to learn is to go fishing with someone, if you want to buy gear ask first in the tackle section before buying something that turns out useless,theres plenty who will give good advice and bad lol :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Hi. As a starter just nip down the end of Trunch Lane to Lakeside Tackle. Its a pretty well stocked shop and John or Steve will show you the gear and give advice with no pressure to buy. I have found their prices to be very competitive too. Certainly worth a look. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for advise guys and didnt think to ask steve at boating lake,he good friend of mine, so will start there....thanks again

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I use Veals for many of my bits, never been let down. Lots of advice on here also have a look at the Sea Angler magazine site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts