World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Note this only applies to Common skate tagged with the floy dart style tags issued by Glasgow Kelvingrove Museum.

There is now an on line reporting form for the Common skate, it can be found here the data entered is sent direct to myself and Richard at the Museum. Before anyone asks why I am getting a copy, its because Richard is going to be off for a while soon and I will be giving out the feedback on recaptured fish. The form will change slightly over the next few days and there will also be an on line search facility with basic information so that the taggers (will be a secure page with only active taggers having access) can check to see if any of their fish have been caught.

This should solve the most common complaint of lack of feedback on tagged fish.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice one davy. Al be looking forward to that:clap::clap:. It will be interesting to see i you catch any of the irish skate and vise versa

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it wont give much information as there are no tag records for any of the Irish Tagged fish in the database.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hiya,

AFAIK it was already done but the CFB were none too keen to share data with our tagging programme.
I know the lads involved with the tagging programme in the CFB Davy if you want I can put an idea forward to them for you??

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya,
I know the lads involved with the tagging programme in the CFB Davy if you want I can put an idea forward to them for you??
Yup I think that would be a good idea see if we have anything in common :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hiya
Got a few skate tags from over the year, just that there is 2 different skate measuring charts the old one and the new one. I will leave the weights blank and let you fill them in Davy. Just that i'm using the old chartsand i think the difference can be as much as 5 to 10lbs, depending on skate :unsure:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hiya,
Hiya
Got a few skate tags from over the year, just that there is 2 different skate measuring charts the old one and the new one. I will leave the weights blank and let you fill them in Davy. Just that i'm using the old chartsand i think the difference can be as much as 5 to 10lbs, depending on skate :unsure:
No problem Richard, I've been sticking to the old chart but I know quite a few people are using the new chart so it wont really matter. To be honest the weight is not really important, it's the dimensions, date and location that are the important bits.

If you put them in through the on line form, I can give you feedback on any recaptures asap.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hiya,

No problem Richard, I've been sticking to the old chart but I know quite a few people are using the new chart so it wont really matter. To be honest the weight is not really important, it's the dimensions, date and location that are the important bits.

If you put them in through the on line form, I can give you feedback on any recaptures asap.
No problem, Davy. Just posted three up for you to look at. Got a few more I'll do tomorrow or at the weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys there is two Irish skippers over here on the north coast and they know every skate ever caught over thus way they compete with each other and I'd the skate is under 200 pound it doesn't even get mentioned

·
Banned
25 Posts
Guys there is two Irish skippers over here on the north coast and they know every skate ever caught over thus way they compete with each other and I'd the skate is under 200 pound it doesn't even get mentioned

Where do I catch this skates. There is so much meat. I make jerky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts