World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,
new to here but I bought a tailwalk eginn 96ml from north one tackle on the 4th of april. Beautiful rod and was all going well until it broke last night. Broke in the butt section while casting 27 grams. It's rated max 35. With the rod being so new what come back do I have, I bought on ebay and paid with PayPal. Should it be covered by North on or by tailwalk? Any info would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sorry to read that.

I don't know what the warranty position is, but logically, start with the eBay seller and take it from there.

As far as I am aware, distance selling regulations still apply to eBay sales of 'new' items.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From whst I'm reading tailwalk is 1 year warrenty. I got a reply from north-one and they said because I had used the rod he couldn't help me. Surely I need to use it to see if it works..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
From whst I'm reading tailwalk is 1 year warrenty. I got a reply from north-one and they said because I had used the rod he couldn't help me. Surely I need to use it to see if it works..
That's BS. It could arrive faulty but the fault, or weakness, isn't evident until use. Ordinarily the seller should deal with the warranty claim. I'd go back to him and complain. Insist they deal with it.

If that doesn't bear fruit, then contact the TW distributor in the UK, if there is one. There should be something on the internet somewhere that details the warranty claim procedure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Japan seller. PayPal dispute could be the way to go for a refund. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a replacement now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's BS. It could arrive faulty but the fault, or weakness, isn't evident until use. Ordinarily the seller should deal with the warranty claim. I'd go back to him and complain. Insist they deal with it.

If that doesn't bear fruit, then contact the TW distributor in the UK, if there is one. There should be something on the internet somewhere that details the warranty claim procedure.
Exactly.... Time will tell but North-one don't seem like they want much to do with it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Most likely to have taken a knock for that to happen. Was the tube damaged in transit at all?

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
I thought it was the sellers responsibility as the goods weren’t fit for purpose, tell them you will get it touch with tailwalk manufacturing and complain about his attitude.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have got one and its had a hammering over the last year & its as good as new , I bought mine from Ben at Art of fishing , he has had an excellent reputation for handling problems with other brands over the years .
I would give North one another try with the threat of contacting pay-pal..... Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have got one and its had a hammering over the last year & its as good as new , I bought mine from Ben at Art of fishing , he has had an excellent reputation for handling problems with other brands over the years .
I would give North one another try with the threat of contacting pay-pal..... Good luck
Yeah 2 of my mates have the same rod and never had an issue so I said I'd try it. Beautiful rod, must be a manufacturing fault I'd imagine.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah 2 of my mates have the same rod and never had an issue so I said I'd try it. Beautiful rod, must be a manufacturing fault I'd imagine.
You are probably right about a manufacturing defect. Your first point of call for any faulty goods should be the point of purchase IE in this case, the eBay seller. Luckily, you paid with Paypal so open a case with them & eBay for the faulty goods. I've had a look at North One's eBay pages (after I managed to find them!) and they are a company that I would not deal with. Ebay policy states that a business seller must put their contact details on a listing. North One have no contact details shown, and in some instances, where the currency is in Dollars, they are not even shown as a business seller. A bit strange!

I love eBay for bits and pieces, but have become very wary. I rarely buy from any company that is outside of the UK as I have heard horror stories of people having to pay to return faulty or 'not as described' goods to China and all sorts of places before they can get a refund. If you open a dispute with Paypal, I hope you don't have to fork out to return your rod to Japan before they will issue a refund. Send Paypal/eBay photos of the damaged item too.

It can be difficult sometimes to ensure a seller is in the UK even if you tick the 'UK only' filter. A family member has quite a big eBay store based locally here in Devon, so I can often get inside information through him when things go wrong. Lately, I have taken to only buying from sellers offering 'Fast & Free' because it is the only way to ensure they are in the UK and the item will be delivered safely & promptly. Good luck!

EDIT: I've had another look on Google and there doesn't seem to be any UK contact details for tailwalk, but their Japanese web site is in English, and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a customer service> inquiry link. It may be a good idea to drop them an email too, as I'm sure that, if their products are highly thought of, they will be concerned that a rod has failed in normal service.
https://www.tailwalk.jp/en/rod/fresh/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are probably right about a manufacturing defect. Your first point of call for any faulty goods should be the point of purchase IE in this case, the eBay seller. Luckily, you paid with Paypal so open a case with them & eBay for the faulty goods. I've had a look at North One's eBay pages (after I managed to find them!) and they are a company that I would not deal with. Ebay policy states that a business seller must put their contact details on a listing. North One have no contact details shown, and in some instances, where the currency is in Dollars, they are not even shown as a business seller. A bit strange!

I love eBay for bits and pieces, but have become very wary. I rarely buy from any company that is outside of the UK as I have heard horror stories of people having to pay to return faulty or 'not as described' goods to China and all sorts of places before they can get a refund. If you open a dispute with Paypal, I hope you don't have to fork out to return your rod to Japan before they will issue a refund. Send Paypal/eBay photos of the damaged item too.

It can be difficult sometimes to ensure a seller is in the UK even if you tick the 'UK only' filter. A family member has quite a big eBay store based locally here in Devon, so I can often get inside information through him when things go wrong. Lately, I have taken to only buying from sellers offering 'Fast & Free' because it is the only way to ensure they are in the UK and the item will be delivered safely & promptly. Good luck!

EDIT: I've had another look on Google and there doesn't seem to be any UK contact details for tailwalk, but their Japanese web site is in English, and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a customer service> inquiry link. It may be a good idea to drop them an email too, as I'm sure that, if their products are highly thought of, they will be concerned that a rod has failed in normal service.

Thanks for your help, I dropped them and email this morning letting them know the details. I being buying in Japan for a few years now and never had any issues but never had something fo wrong like this either. Was looking at the delivery docket and there seems to be nothing with North-one written on it so I really don't know what to think. The ebay shop is north834 and comes up in my PayPal payments as north-one.

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks for your help, I dropped them and email this morning letting them know the details. I being buying in Japan for a few years now and never had any issues but never had something fo wrong like this either. Was looking at the delivery docket and there seems to be nothing with North-one written on it so I really don't know what to think. The ebay shop is north834 and comes up in my PayPal payments as north-one.
I couldn't find them initially on eBay but found their eBay store via a Google search. As everyone has said, how could you know the rod was going to break until you used it? Register a claim with eBay and/or Paypal ASAP, and it might be wise to let Tailwalk Japan know what has happened too. I would also report North One for failing to include contact details on their listings.

Click on 'report item' on the right just above the item description, then the window below will pop up. Select the items as shown from the drop-down boxes, and continue.

North834EbayViolation.png

1 - 15 of 15 Posts