World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from 10 idyllic days at hafan y mor site on the peninsula. Spent the first few days chasing non existent mackerel on ultralight gear (more at home on the canal) with a view to giving the humble mackerel a sporting chance. 3 gar between me and my daughter was all we had to show for our efforts (2-1 to her)

After 3 days I decided to concentrate on the bass with all the very early and very late starts that involves. I first fished a reef pretty close to the site starting in total darkness at 3am just as the tide started to flood. In the first hr nothing showed an interest in all the usual surface lures. I switched to the shallow diving komomo 125 and the action started! 7 fish in the next 2hrs all but the last one to this awesome lure. Nothing of any great size the largest might have scraped 2lb Water Salmon-like fish Fin Fish Seafood

I went on to fish a couple of other marks in the next week. All similar results, lots of fish, nothing big.

Another high and low of the holiday is my daughter hooked and lost her first bass, accidentally giving it slack line as she looked for a spot to land it. She'll get one sooner or later and hopefully that'll teach the benefit of perseverance.

Anyway a great holiday in a beautiful part of the world we'll be back next year (me a lot sooner and probably very early in the morning) tight lines.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, it's a 4hr round trip for me, long but not too long. I'll probs wait until September time for my next trip, chance of a bigger fish grabbing my lure before a schoolie gets there first. Gonna fish some of the huge tide rips around Anglesea through August. Big seas, big lures and fingers crossed a few big fish

· Registered
12,419 Posts
Lol, it's a 4hr round trip for me, long but not too long. I'll probs wait until September time for my next trip, chance of a bigger fish grabbing my lure before a schoolie gets there first. Gonna fish some of the huge tide rips around Anglesea through August. Big seas, big lures and fingers crossed a few big fish
Its 5 for me from the north east

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.