World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's if the weather holds for us, & lets hope we don't catch any more bloody lobsters! :eek: Too many rules & regulations with them (which are about as clear as mud)! Some parts say 1 lobster + 5 crab per day, other parts say 2 a day & 6 crab. Then there is a start & finish date if you are "recreational lobster fishing" but nowhere does it say that incidental or accidental catches are covered by the same rules.
With NRW imposing quotas & bag limits, & the club making up their own MLS & number of certain species you can catch, its like being watched by Big Brother :cautious:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we went out today as planned, very lumpy going out between the piers & going across to Mumbles, but kept the revs down & pushed ahead at ~ 3knots which kept us dry all the way over. Dropped the pick off the inshore lifeboat station & fished the strong ebb catching dogfish, dabs & little bass, & all the time the weather was moderating as forecast, eventually at low water it went almost flat (I bet loads of guys in the marina wished they had read the forecast correctly) :p
We moved out alongside the Strombus & caught pouting, a couple more dabs & loads more dogfish, but my "wreck anchor" wouldn't hold us & we moved a couple of times to reposition but kept dragging anchor. So I said to the lads on board, "we are going uptide of the wreck, & the anchor can catch into the wreck & hold us, & if we lose it then it is a sacrificial folding anchor anyway!" So uptide we go & back we drift, & hold it did, then drifted, then held again, then drifted again & again until we came out the other side unscathed & the bloody anchor never even tripped!!!!!:eek: Yet last week a decent Fisherman got stuck along with about 40ft of galv chain, you couldn't make it up! :( So with the lock closure over we headed home & being the only boat out all day locking in was a formality, why cant it be like that all the time?
John Jones went home with a bagfull of dogfish & a number of dabs, Mal Davies went home with depression after catching 95% of the dogfish in Swansea Bay, Alan & I pleaded insanity & went home with nothing, next time Strombus I will have a cunning plan! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts