World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather permitting Im hoping to take my son (15yr) fishing probably late afternoon or Sunday evening. Hoping for a few mackeral and whatever else is in the water.

Were a wee bit new to sea fishing and would appreciate any advice on where to go and what tackle to use. We have enough tackle I think to see us through.

We live in stewarton East Ayrshire ( Nr Kilmarnock ) and are prepared to travel.

Any help / advice much appreciated

The Hoosecoat

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help not knowing the area, but I'd start by searching the forum for some likey areas nearby and you should get some reports etc of what is being caught as well as bait/rigs being used.

I'm sure someone with a knowledge of the area will point you in the right direct though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
portencross pier is not to far away,park in public car park and walk round to pier,deep water a few fish have been caught recently.or fish the rocks under castle with floats,or spin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from killie, been to Portencross a couple of times in the last month, seen a hand full of Mackies getting caught. Hearing reports that there's better fishing down the coast south of Turnberry.

Still to try Ayr and Girvan for the Mackies.

Have fun, tight lines!

Big C

·
Registered
258 Posts
plenty mackerel in the top end of loch fyne now

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for all the advice, much appreciated............

The plan for tomorrow is to get some raggies, mackeral and squid and head off to Portencross late afternoon. Will take spinning gear etc for the mackies and a beachcaster.

Hopefully bump into some WSF members and put a face to a name.

Let u know how I get on

Cheers

Andy & Jamie

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
how did you get on andy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts