World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spur of the moment desicion to go plugging for some bass last night turned out to be a good decision. Me and my mate fishe a couple of venues with bass being our target.

On arrival of our first venue we both gave a good half hour on sidewinders with no success. We changed to some sub surface and surface lures again no takes.

Being a little disappointed we decided to bite the bullet and change venue for calmer waters.

After a nice relaxing walk we both set out this time with surface plugs and sub surface plugs and tried our various collection out again without much success. This time however there was a lot more movement with many a large splash heard around us and a few seen I was quietly confident of catching whereas my mate I guess was less confident I my new found venue.

After much perssistance we were about to pack up and abandon our quest when my mate was saying to me he was walking the dog so to speak with his lure even taking the bins out when bang a vey nice conditioned bass attacked his Yozuri mag popper. After a short spirited fight he landed his first ever surface lure caught bass with very impressive vital stats. It measured just shy of 600mm long and weighed dead on 5 and a half pounds. A great fish mate well done. Even better he released the beast to fight another day. Well done.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice Fish and well done for returning it :thumbs:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice report , love the idea of taking a tape measure fishing, i wouldnt as it would be a jinx for the same reason i never take a plastic bag for any fish i catch as it would definitly result in a blank.

cracking fish

f

·
Registered
324 Posts
What is the secret of bass lure fishing have been out many of times and not had one yet does the sea have to be flat calm going into dusk?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fantastic fish mate!! i have been out many times with lures this year i havent cought a thing i wish i new the secret to catch a bass on a lure been fishing at a mark betwen pontllyfni and aberdesach but no luck!! where am i going wrong???

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well done yet again daf, cracking fish. I'm still :wallbash: even on bait. The good times must come soon:help:
Regards Steve.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well done on your persistance, a great bass on a surface lure and always nice to read it went back.

Tight Lines

·
Registered
39 Posts
cracking fish that bud, well done. it was only last friday i had my 1st ever bass on a plug (the yozuri magpoper exactly the same as yours in the pic) which came in at 10lb 2oz. unbelevable feeling on lite gear.:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Cracking fish guys :clap: and a huge well done :notworthy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts