World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In view of the weather forecast decided to take a day off to wet a line and decided on Talacre as it only takes 80/90 minutes from Manchester. Arrived around midday and the low cloud/fog still hadn't gone and instead of a gentle breeze as forecast there was a gale blowing. Anyway walked out to opposite the green bouy and proceeded to try and catch for 3 hours. Totally blanked. Bait used was squid and mack with the odd worm from my allotment. Still just after 1 the sun finally came out and it was a nice day and it makes a change just to get out.
Anyone got any suggestions as to where to try around Easter weekend? Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Team Chatter
21,738 Posts
In view of the weather forecast decided to take a day off to wet a line and decided on Talacre as it only takes 80/90 minutes from Manchester. Arrived around midday and the low cloud/fog still hadn't gone and instead of a gentle breeze as forecast there was a gale blowing. Anyway walked out to opposite the green bouy and proceeded to try and catch for 3 hours. Totally blanked. Bait used was squid and mack with the odd worm from my allotment. Still just after 1 the sun finally came out and it was a nice day and it makes a change just to get out.
Anyone got any suggestions as to where to try around Easter weekend? Any advice would be much appreciated.
norway m8 seems theyve got all the cod:)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Depends how far you want to travel..

Ps,,,,,,,Dont listen to brickie... he blanks............. ;)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Where is the pic?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mostyn and Greenfields would be worth a chuck fella ( i wouldnt think you would blank there) and it even a little closer for you and less of walk. This time last year codling were still showing and it wont be many weeks until the eels move in if you like that kind of thing:)

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127

·
Registered
532 Posts
following the above report my dad fished mostyn yesterday ...
lots of fish mainly codling 10-14" ,dabs odd whiting one plaice (sizable)
one codling around 3.8.0lb

Two other good fish lost to the rocks.

bait was fresh peeler.

Dad and his mate fished.:)

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
following the above report my dad fished mostyn yesterday ...
lots of fish mainly codling 10-14" ,dabs odd whiting one plaice (sizable)
one codling around 3.8.0lb

Two other good fish lost to the rocks.

bait was fresh peeler.

Dad and his mate fished.:)
sound like your had godtime.shaggy:clap3:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts