World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done 2 long sessions down at holiwell weds evening and night and thurs evening. Weds very wet no wind but wet!!! Still plenty of weed about and the crabs seem to be very active again, 4 of us fished with very little action all evening until 11.30 Andy had a cracking bite fish took off down tide and after a good tussle managed to get the fish just beyond the weed. Only problem was there was a good 10 ft of weed to get over, the fish dived Andy couldnt stop it and as soon as he put on a bit of pressure the hook pulled. Then amazingly a couple of seconds later the ray surfaced, poked its nose out of the water in front of us and as if to say you missed me then it proceeded to swim across the surface for about 10 yards back out into the darkness. At least we saw the fish, size wise it must have gone close to double figures comparing it to what we caught the previous week. Made andy feel a bit better at least we all got to see it, it would have gone back anyway. Nothing else to report for weds. Thursday evening l looked perfect flat calm, no rain but baits were not lasting more than 10 -15 mins must have been crab central out there. Had one doggy about 1lb 1/4, Andy had one decent edible crab but nothing else. Me thinks the rays may finally be moving out of the river now unless the bait just isn't there long enough for them to find it.? (crabs). Still had 4 rays in 4 trips biggest were 9lb 12oz and 9lb 3oz so cant complain. Tight Lines!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Cuz :kissing:

Too bad Andy lost that fish :uhuh: however the mark has fished very well for you guy's, not many marks around that would turn up fish of that size and on a regular basis.:clap2:

I really liked the look of those saltings!? think they may fish well for Bass on those balmy summers nights, BIG crab baits cast short along the crumbling edges has worked for me on the other side of the river, so well worth a try me thinks?

See you soon bud Jaff

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evening cuz, good idea want to get some good bass fishing in this summer so when you get back from alderney we'll sort out a decent tide and get down there, give us a shout when you get that rod butt for me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
See i cant teach you any new tricks - the golden rule of the Crouch is fish close, big baits (well presented), dawn or dusk and hold the rod (bass fisherman - please put away the tri-pods - you only get one chance with them big crouch bass)

Had some cracking bass off the South side and would like to join you (been talking about it for a while now but work is slowing down so im getting some weekends off)

H

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a fair old return for this year HJ may need to call on your crouch expertise when we go mate perhaps we'll all meet up for a session when he gets back. I want to get a 5lb er my mission for the summer.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The figures are good Flow but bear in mind 7 fish a tide average!! - and yes the wife aint happy cos she says i spend too much time down the river????????? so bought my son a rod!!! - more than happy to join you for a days fishing.

H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts