World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at starting sea fishing (coarse fisherman), At the bottom of my road we've got Forder Creek which feeds into the Lynher, I was walking down there last week and noticed something striking at the whitebait in one of the backwaters towards the end of the creek. Is it likely to be Bass?

i am interested in fishing for Bass and Mullet, can i fish for these in the Lynher? is there anything stopping me? can you eat the fish caught out of there?

I haven't bought any tackle yet and have started window shopping, can't afford to splash out loads so what sorts of rods should i be looking at? I wouldn't mind spinning for the Bass and flost fishing for the mullet.

What else would I be likely to catch from the Lynher?

Any help, tips or pointers much appreciated!!

Cheers

manick

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
welcome to the site
i would say thats mullet get them in wilcove you can catch anything you want from the river apart from salmon and the sea trout unless you have a license
there sould be a lot of small bass in the river now ,wouldnt eat anything that comes out of this river (tamar) regarding what gear to use i do a bit of carping in summer if you have got carp rods they are great for the river great sport to be had on rag and lug but would need a beach caster if you want to fish the main tamar tides a bit strong . tight lines rtf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts