World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not funny and not a typo just another thread title highlighting the antics of some of the EDIT we have to share our fishing with! Not nearly as horrific as the 'Dogfish Graveyard' posted by Tom 24 nonetheless the litter at Tarbatt Ness yesterday evening was appalling. All the usual stuff was in evidence bait wrappers, line, tackle packaging, tin cans, crips packets etc. I know these folk aren't real anglers - the amount of discarded line is testament to that - but hey we all get tied to this EDIT stick do we not? No real answer to this issue I know except to challenge this behaviour when we can and highlight our disgust. If those responsible are reading this thanks for leaving the poly bag... it made clearing up your EDIT so much easier...

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
how was the fishing? its normally quite clean, you can tell its holiday time

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Not funny and not a typo just another thread title highlighting the antics of some of the EDIT we have to share our fishing with! Not nearly as horrific as the 'Dogfish Graveyard' posted by Tom 24 nonetheless the litter at Tarbatt Ness yesterday evening was appalling. All the usual stuff was in evidence bait wrappers, line, tackle packaging, tin cans, crips packets etc. I know these folk aren't real anglers - the amount of discarded line is testament to that - but hey we all get tied to this EDIT stick do we not? No real answer to this issue I know except to challenge this behaviour when we can and highlight our disgust. If those responsible are reading this thanks for leaving the poly bag... it made clearing up your EDIT so much easier...
:thumbs: Have to agree with Marty Tarbat Ness is usually pretty clean but have to admit last time I was there somebody had left at least 30 yards of line chucked on the rocks:oops:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
The summer's nearly over and then they'll all crawl back into their holes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Folks, I'm inclined to agree with you that Tarbatt Ness does not suffer the same level of litter as other more popular and/or more accessible venues, but it certainly gets its fair share idiots. I think you're also right about the summer influx putting more folk and consequently more rubbish on the rocks. All of this however makes me reluctant to post fishing reports - good, bad or indifferent - which is a real pity, but that the way it is.

Tight Lines

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Folks, I'm inclined to agree with you that Tarbatt Ness does not suffer the same level of litter as other more popular and/or more accessible venues, but it certainly gets its fair share idiots. I think you're also right about the summer influx putting more folk and consequently more rubbish on the rocks. All of this however makes me reluctant to post fishing reports - good, bad or indifferent - which is a real pity, but that the way it is.

Tight Lines
you havent actually stuck up a report. theres nothing about fish?????????wtf:nono:

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's because, as say, I'm reluctant to do so and this evening's visit to Tarbatt Ness does nothing to persuade me otherwise! That's right more litter again tonight - unbelievable!

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
That's because, as say, I'm reluctant to do so and this evening's visit to Tarbatt Ness does nothing to persuade me otherwise! That's right more litter again tonight - unbelievable!
Yeah but remember this is world sea fishing not world sea moaning.

·
Registered
928 Posts
seems strange only 5 posts and they are all on this thread cursing us for the mess!!!

what difference will it make if you post a report or not?

·
Registered
71 Posts
you guys are talking about mess and the idiots that do it ,well just the other week there i was just finishing up down at methil docks when i spot this old guy who had also just finished fishing,he was well in front of me walking back to the car,by the time i got to my car he was in his with the window fully down and throwing handfulls of rubbish out onto the ground...i was gobsmacked so i confronted him saying things like no wonder us anglers get a bad name with people like you chucking your rubbish everywhere,whats wrong with taking it home again and putting it in your own bucket to which he replyed :i a am a EDIT and the place is a tip anyway: to which a bit of an argument started and he quickly left,i have seen this guy down there since and have given him a hard time in front of his friends or what ever they are and it doesnt seem to faze him in the slightest so what do you do with people like this

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MARTY B I'd rather fish than moan any day of the week, but we ALL need to remember that Tarbatt Ness is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, which means that Scottish Natural Heritage can ban any activity that it preceives as a threat to that designation! In other words, I don't want idiots spoiling things for the rest of us so I either clear up what I find or, like Franticfisherman, challenge those responsible and use fishing forums like this to highlight the issues. As for fishing reports, regular members can send me a pm... nuff said.

TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
170 Posts
MARTY B I'd rather fish than moan any day of the week, but we ALL need to remember that Tarbatt Ness is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, which means that Scottish Natural Heritage can ban any activity that it preceives as a threat to that designation! In other words, I don't want idiots spoiling things for the rest of us so I either clear up what I find or, like Franticfisherman, challenge those responsible and use fishing forums like this to highlight the issues. As for fishing reports, regular members can send me a pm... nuff said.

TIGHT LINES
well said :notworthy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
you guys are talking about mess and the idiots that do it ,well just the other week there i was just finishing up down at methil docks when i spot this old guy who had also just finished fishing,he was well in front of me walking back to the car,by the time i got to my car he was in his with the window fully down and throwing handfulls of rubbish out onto the ground...i was gobsmacked so i confronted him saying things like no wonder us anglers get a bad name with people like you chucking your rubbish everywhere,whats wrong with taking it home again and putting it in your own bucket to which he replyed :i a am a EDIT and the place is a tip anyway: to which a bit of an argument started and he quickly left,i have seen this guy down there since and have given him a hard time in front of his friends or what ever they are and it doesnt seem to faze him in the slightest so what do you do with people like this
By the way my arse kicking post was in respone to this one. Made a boob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts