World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever fished the beach side of Tarbet Ness? As in the rocks directly below the car park but going further round in opposite direction to the lighthouse if that makes sense? My mum was telling about one of my uncles that was born there and they had a house up there before she was born where they used to catch a lot of bass and cod. Bearing in mind this is about 40 years ago but just wondered if anyone’s tried it these days?

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Did once but it was just as snaggy but less depth so didn't see the point. Handy if you drive there and swell too big on the rocks. Used to be salmon nets not too far round.

Reactions: CraigK

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I usually just use a float off the rocks there saves the snag. Raw prawns seems to do best for me but never tried rag yet tbh

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont suppose you know if Graham’s in Inverness sells fresh lug or rag?
Unfortunately not mate just earthworms and frozen bait and even the frozen baits can be a short on variety H.I.S. have a small selection of frozen baits too but again it can be a bit hit or miss with variety.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fished tarbet Ness last Sunday lost a few bits of tackles, landed a nice wrasse about 2llb , had plenty of bites just landing them was a problem, great spot mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts