World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my target of a Codling midweek it was a trip across the border to East Sussex for the tasty soles that are hugging the shingle at the moment.
So on approach to the beach and being greeted to around 20 anglers fishing a comp the favourite spot was already taken,a few paces to the right and Tommy,Clive and myself plonked ourselves at the end of the match.

I decided to fish big baits for Bass and Cod until the top of the tide and get on a Sole mission for the ebb,well i was on for a blank while the other were being kept busy with Whiting,Eels,Pout,Thornies and a sizeable Sole for Tommy.
By high tide i was getting that rejected feeling of going home very sad at not catching so the sole rig was deployed and was slow at first untill Tommy whispered a little inside tip in my lug hole and that resulted eventually with a cracking 36cm chubby checker Sole!!!
Result of the week no 2 and now being labelled a top specimen hunter soon to become match fisher by Tommy i was over the moon with the bugger! The Sole that is,not Tommy :bleh:

Took a few photos but have not loaded then on to the computer yet,will do this later and attach so you can see what i had for tea last night ;)

Fishing mojo totally turned up to 100% it is now on to the BIG BASS this week,look out for my next installment and fingers crossed for another report of a double figure Sussex Spikey,maybe two as Tommy will be on the prowl too!

Until next time,happy fishing.:thumbs:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Nice report mate:thumbs:

been a good week for you Phil... actually been a pretty good year for you to ay, we've been out targeting a few different species and pretty much had them all with a bit of hard work and determination, hopefully get the double bass before the years out..or even the week!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice report Phil you seem to be on a roll good luck with the bass. I remeber a few years back when I was on a sole target hunt and you were my lucky charm twice, remember?

Best wishes

RLD

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yep Phil first time on the arm when we first met and second when we had a liitle shoreham beach evening sesh. Well done on what you have caught since you started back then. I always enjoy your posts and your tenacity at keeping going to meet your target. Glad to see the backs holding up.

Cheers

Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts