World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will be getting up VERY early from tuesday to thursday to get down there for low water,catch reportsto follow :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
To Sailfish
Iam on holiday with the caravan in august is taly bont a good mark what will i catch and is there anymore marks in the barmouth area worth fishing also is there any tackle shops in the area for bait i fished the lleyn peninsula last year from the straights to morfa nefyn had a good year by my standards for the bass on plugs and bait had a great time apart from the weather wales is a great place to fish most of the time its just you and the sea
regards MICHAEL

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oke dokey m8 ,the main beach is very gently shelved so is only worth fishing at low water -1 to+2 1/2.main catches in august tend to be flounder ,small turbot ,schoolies and doggies.other local marks include barmouth bridge which can yield bigger bass.beachcaster tackle in the main square in barmouth has got anything your going to need,good luck casting between all the kids on the beach ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got down on the beach at about 6-30am,drizzle,big surf,wondered what the hell am i doing here wheen i could be in my pit nice and warm. three hook flapper tied on 5oz breakaway,mixture of razor lug,mack,and sandeel in all sorts of wierd cocktails.nothing until 9-00am when i hooked an 8oz flounder(hooray first fish of the month) next catch hooked a double,12oz flonder and a 6oz dab then bog all for the next hour so went home to do some work and catch up with some zzzz's.might try barmouth bridge on thursday........see yah :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
sailfish said:
got down on the beach at about 6-30am,drizzle,big surf,wondered what the hell am i doing here wheen i could be in my pit nice and warm. three hook flapper tied on 5oz breakaway,mixture of razor lug,mack,and sandeel in all sorts of wierd cocktails.nothing until 9-00am when i hooked an 8oz flounder(hooray first fish of the month) next catch hooked a double,12oz flonder and a 6oz dab then bog all for the next hour so went home to do some work and catch up with some zzzz's.might try barmouth bridge on thursday........see yah :)
hi have you been down on the beach recently,iam due down again in two weeks and wondered how it was fishing and on what bait,i am not new to the beach just new to the forum,cheers,also have you heard how boat fioshing off the VIKING is going???

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scottonjayne said:
hi have you been down on the beach recently,iam due down again in two weeks and wondered how it was fishing and on what bait,i am not new to the beach just new to the forum,cheers,also have you heard how boat fioshing off the VIKING is going???
yep went on weds.got 2 small dabs and 2 turbot biggest about 1 1/4 lb it's onlly worth fishing over low water on biggest tides.don,t think the viking is running yet heard barmouth is fishing better so will try down there this week

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
thanks for the info,i will be back on the beach on the 21/05/05 and all week after,if you are about come and say hello!!! i will be fishing with my father in law so look for the the one (me) in the blue one piece waterproof,hope to see you there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts