World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone im looking for some advice....I am thinking about buying a Taskforce 22 fishing boat. I have spoken to a few people but had conflicting reports on them due to the fact that this one has, and pardon my terms here an "inboard outboard" or "an inboard engine driving a leg".....I have been told that i am looking at aload of trouble here. :confused:
Does anyone out there have a boat like this or simular to this and can set my mind at rest or are there likely to be problems.
Many thanks

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
You have to chance the inboard and outboard seals regularly if you want the boat to stay on top of the water. They are an expensive part and involve quite a lot of labour charges if you can't do it yourself. The service interval of the seals varies by manufacturer.

Saying that you have the benifit of an inboard engine with outboard drive so the boat is trailable. If you plan to leave it on a mooring all year then you maybe better off maintenance wise with a shaft drive inboard.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I used to repair the impellers on Hamiltons, you do not want to pick up a stone in it. ££££££££££££ :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your advice,i think i am going to avoid any potential problems and stick with a tried and trusted outboard ! at least i know where i stand there. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts