World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Spurdog,

Excuse my ignorance, Who or what is Tasforce 17?

He or she is not a member of the Forum.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Spurdog,

Welcome to the Forum.

Our resident boat expert will be along later, I'm sure that he will be able to help.

Cheers

Drew

G

·
hello mate

i think these are like the wilson flyer or dory type boats if so they are good fishing boats ive got a flyer and it good on the move and nice and stable at anchor because of the flatish hull.

hope this helps :)

G

·
Hi,

I am new here but just had to register when I heard you asking about a "Taskforce"
I have what I am told is a taskforce 18 and it is made by Dejon - the guy I bought it off told me that and you can believe it when you look at the dejon 14 and my boat as there are many simularities in the shape.

It's a cracking boat and is, as the other guy said, like a wilson flyer. I would guess of the same era and style (one copied the other) I would also agree it is a great boat at speed and at anchor also.

I use mine out of the Bristol channel for fishing and she sits on a trot mooring at the local yacht club.

It is the most stable 18 footer I have ever owned and gets upto 38 knots with a Johnson 60 VRO on the back.

Would love to see a picture of your boat to see if their the same as I have only ever seen one before, well I think it was anyway, as I remember.

Please get back to me if you read this!

Steve
:) :cool:

G

·
Hey Thanks Terry,

Nice to get a personal welcome from above.

And Spurdog, please send a pic so we can be sure if their the same - i'd love to see another Taskforce...

Terry, do you know if any other small boats from this site fish regular out of the Cardiff / Barry area?

Would be good to team up and post some joint days out and a series of pics - maybe?

Cheers,

Poppajoe (steve)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not go ahead with this boat as in my opinion it would have needed a taskforce to get it up and running

1 - 10 of 10 Posts