World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Broughty Ferry yesterday so a short trip across the water to Tayport today.Fished 13:30 to around 20:00.Bait as usual everything going.Wind from s/w.Well i went over basically to see if i could l could catch myself a plaice or two.Fish were hard to come by.Got my first fish a flounder on my first catch then had to wait till 19:00 for my next fish another flattie about an hour after that got another flattie and that was my lot.So my total catch 3 flatties 2 i think may be plaice but i've been wrong before.
The long hours of nothing were passed by helping a couple on holiday with a kid set up gear and get fishing.A thought came to mind when setting their gear up,everything you buy you get instructions but that doesn't happen with those fishing sets you buy.We were entertained by a few dolphins that put in an appearance.Then there was the guy who was setting out to get his boat lifted out the water,who sailed right under my lines.I think if he smiled it would have been the first time in this lifetime.

My first fish a small flounder.

My second fish possible plaice ?

My third fish a possiblly another plaice.

Since i don't seem to be having much luck around the Tay think it's time to roam once again.

·
Registered
377 Posts
my pal had one that looked just like the middle when we fished burntisland for our first flattie bash, he sayed it was the best tasting fash he has ever tasted. he does like a mcdonalds tho'

what fash is that? dab?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
defo plaice mate ,well done .its good to see they are back .wish i knew they were coming though,would have saved me a fortune in diesel going to cumbria earlier in the year !
cheers rab

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ty Pete,Bazzac that is a plaice i never knew mcdonalds sold plaice lol,Rab i knew they would be there eventually been a long wait i've caught them there before.Just a pity i had to wait till the tide was on the turn before i got them.Persistance pays of as they say.

·
Registered
903 Posts
well done on your plaice peeler nice fish nothing like a flattie bash:1a:
tight lines the fox.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I remember a thread last year a few boys arguing till their blue in the face saying you don't get plaice in the Tay, Clearly you do!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do get plaice in the Tay but i have found more on the Fife side and around Tayport area.Fox it's just a pity there wasn't a few more flatties about...maybe to much competition from dolphins and seals.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I remember a thread last year a few boys arguing till their blue in the face saying you don't get plaice in the Tay, Clearly you do!
there were a good few years they didnt appear ,but there used to be some real crackers out of the tay estuary,2lb plus,hopefully see some of those again soon !used to be good plaice fishing in lots of places in fife but its not been great for a while ,reports from around the neuk would suggest its worth targetting them again.
cheers rab

·
Registered
760 Posts
there were a good few years they didnt appear ,but there used to be some real crackers out of the tay estuary,2lb plus,hopefully see some of those again soon !used to be good plaice fishing in lots of places in fife but its not been great for a while ,reports from around the neuk would suggest its worth targetting them again.
cheers rab
Biggest flattie Ive ever had came from Tayport and was a 2Ib plaice, bout 15 years ago though lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts