World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's.
I have noticed that at low tide there's a lot of mud and sand exposed around tentsmuir at the tay mouth and the luchars end but never see any casts and can't find any fresh bait. Is there any available in these areas (worm, razor, clams etc.) pm me if you want.
Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used to dig on the musscle banks behind tayport harbour you have the old building thing in front of you but it was hard going mate. b/ferry beach mate or even monifieth but do not tell any one i told especialy my old fella as we used to be problems with commertial diggers for some time until car valves were removed and filled with sealant not by me i might add or my old man but the other locals could not get parked due to busses beside the bridge. :victory:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I used to dig on the musscle banks behind tayport harbour you have the old building thing in front of you but it was hard going mate. b/ferry beach mate or even monifieth but do not tell any one i told especialy my old fella as we used to be problems with commertial diggers for some time until car valves were removed and filled with sealant not by me i might add or my old man but the other locals could not get parked due to busses beside the bridge. :victory:
If you don't want commercial diggers raiding your spots then I certainly wouldn't broadcast them on a public forum. PMs help, but I find the only way to safeguard your worm beds is to keep them to yourself!:lock:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guy's. It's nice to get helpful advice from the more experienced anglers shearing their knowlege and bringing on the novice. Much appriciated..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
By saying "your" worm beds I did not mean to denote posession, Ofcourse I don't own any areas or indeed claim exclusive rights to any of the areas I dig, I was simply pointing out the best and in my opinion only thing you can do to keep your chosen digging spots that you have worked hard to find and carefully backfill and maintain them so they will continue to provide bait in future. I have seen some of my previous favourite spots dessimated by bus loads of commercial diggers, someone must have told them what they could get otherwise they wouldn't have come hundreds of miles to dig them! I still say keep them to yourself!

·
Registered
794 Posts
By saying "your" worm beds I did not mean to denote posession, Ofcourse I don't own any areas or indeed claim exclusive rights to any of the areas I dig, I was simply pointing out the best and in my opinion only thing you can do to keep your chosen digging spots that you have worked hard to find and carefully backfill and maintain them so they will continue to provide bait in future. I have seen some of my previous favourite spots dessimated by bus loads of commercial diggers, someone must have told them what they could get otherwise they wouldn't have come hundreds of miles to dig them! I still say keep them to yourself!
im kinnda new to the forum an no lookin tae upset anyone that wiz just a bit of gooseman banter nae offense ment:giveup: ps. im to chubby fur that diggin carry on:laugh:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No worries matey, No offence taken just i tend to take my bait gathering rather seriously and there's nothing I hate more than when I see a spot I use mentioned on here coz they usually end up digged out by all and sundrie within a few weeks. Discretion is the key to bait digging success!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guy's.
I have noticed that at low tide there's a lot of mud and sand exposed around tentsmuir at the tay mouth and the luchars end but never see any casts and can't find any fresh bait. Is there any available in these areas (worm, razor, clams etc.) pm me if you want.
Cheers
Neil
hi, if you drive into tayport and park at the entrance to the caravan park, you'll see the two piles in front of you, round about here you can lug worm. if you after wrigger you'll have to walk a bit further towards lucky scalp the island until you reach the muscle beds, here you'll find wrigger(rag).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts