World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished tayport from low tide for flounders .caught good sized sea trout .returned but still good day

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sultzer said:
windy today m8
glad you caught a sea trout m8.
you need to a permit for sea trout acroos that side
it was monday i was out. wind wasnt 2 bad

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
sultzer said:
windy today m8
glad you caught a sea trout m8.
you need to a permit for sea trout acroos that side
hi sultzer going through the posts when i saw this the bottom line .why would you need a pemit to fish tayport your fishing in salt water?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
thx seahunter m8 i new you didnt need a permit for that reason, cheers

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I think sultzer is right when he mentioned that you need a permit, when it comes to the salmonoid family, even when caught in the sea in an eastuary, you still need a permit to catch them. its the same down here in the Forth ( allthough no 1 bothers down here)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
you were right enough sultzer i stand corected :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
try fishing tayport harbour theres a nice grassy bank you can pitch the beach buddy . plenty flounders eels from this mark .cheers andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
the reason for the permit is you are ment to notify somewhere of seatrout you catch for monitoring the amount of fish that are caught in the river. think it has something to do with fish stock levels in the river.

·
Registered
75 Posts
eh up lads,

although you do probably need a permit for tayport, I've fished here loads of times without even being asked for one!! "poacher" you may think, but i actually want to get one and as i've asked everyone i can possibly think of where to get one, the easiest way is to ask whoever asks me for my permit!! unless anyone on here can tell me that is... tried the council offices where you get the dundee ones but no joy!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
that one has me as well try fife council as it over that side.
fished that side as well only caught a few that side sea trout that is and no permit.
the water looked ok sunday when i was visiting a m8 fixing his pc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts