World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
no fished there in years , do not know if you can camp on it , but you get the usual flatties etc with the odd bass sea trout.
word of warning though if you are not used to the area watch out for the tide it comes in fast and a few people in the past lost their lives just yards from the shore

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would not risk it mate if you are after some troot or flatties head a little west to wormit the beach there is ok and if i remember you can put a shelter up but the last time i was there was about 20 years ago

·
Registered
314 Posts
tides are a bugger in the tay mate nearly came a cropper as a kid more than once hunting for hermit crab. you need to watch yourself as the tay has the highest volume of water passing its estuary in scotland and it is a killer. my old next door buddy took his wind surfer out one year and got into trouble and had to ditch the sail it was found the next day at the tip of buddon. the rip there will take you out and not many bodies have been recovered whe people jump off of the bridges either. just be safe and live to fish another day if you do not know the mark at low tide then do not fish it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts