World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

being a great fan of the 12" Daiwa Supercast I am wondering if it makes sense to purchase the above mentioned TDZS126m rather than a second 12" Supercast.

As you don`t find too much info on the TDZS rod range, maybe someone can help with these questions:

- are the TDZS worth the extra GBP over the Supercast range

- are the TDZS rods as light and well balanced as the Supercast rods

- the TDZS are labelled as fishing rods with a soft tip and some grunt down the blank -> are they good groundcasters?

- does 'low reel' work ok on the 12.6" TDZS

What are peoples thoughts about the Daiwa searods in general - are they still up tp date and worth their prices?
Are they in the same range as those Century and Zzippie counterparts?

Many thanks for your thoughts,
marc

·
Registered
946 Posts
i have the 136 and love it. very soft glass tip witch i like. plenty power further down. the butt is quite thick and the shrink tube should have been 6 inch longer imo. i think they are worth the money especially as now u can find them for about £250 ish if u look around. i much prefer it to my zzippy lt13. and would happily sell the zzip to get another 136. some reason they are alot less common than the 126 and rough ground version. the tip feels very soft at first if your not use to the glass tips. the rod show bites up great and casts superbly and that tip protects soft baits i cast mine reel down with out any issues. cant say for the 126 i doubt there would be to much difference as they are the same rods just a bit shorter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts