World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to live in teignmouth (8 years ago) fished the estuary for bass a few times, however I mostly 'surfed' the area rather than fish.

I remember a mark that was at the very far end (Dawlish end) of teignmouth beach, there was a very very sharp hairpin turn off the main road leading down to what I think was a water treatment outlet?? under a railway bridge (arches) at high tide the waves would come under the arches and we used to attempt to surf under it.

Anyhow as a dedicated sea angler I was thinking of fishing this mark rather than 'surf' it! looks like a good bass mark?

Has anyone fished here? or any marks along this stretch (bar the estuary).

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hi mate, its known as either Holcombe or Smugglers beach. Its better fished for bass during or after a storm but sometimes it gets weeded out. During the summer you do get occasional bass to live sandeel, mullet, plus loads of mackerel and some very large wrasse. You also get occasional huss and the odd strap conger and oddly enough i was thinking of fishing for the latter sometime later this week as the tides and conditions will be perfect there. Last time i fished there a couple of weeks ago me an a mate had a go for the plaice there as you do get the odd "dustbin lid" but we both blanked. If i go i'll post a report on here.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply,

was thinking of giving it a go this coming weekend at night, also for the huss or snakes.
What state of tide fishes best for these around low or high?? and an obvious guess would be to fish tight to the rocks on the left.

PM me if you prefer.

Thanx Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.