Dear all,

Please give views/opinions on telescopic beathcasters

Many thanks

Woodster

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good day Woodster,

I have a couple of telescopic rods, which I bought abroad, not sure of the make, but recently bought a Shimono Beastmaster travelling rod. There is no comparison.
If you follow the threads on travelling rods you will find a number of people have Shimona Exage and other travellers, and they all seem happy.

I did say I was not sure of the make of the telescopics, not well known ones, and this might account for the fact that they are like broomsticks. I know Shimono are doing a telescopic, and do believe there was a report on this, or some other make, in one of the mags. I have had a look but can't trace it at the moment. If I find it I'll come back to you.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred,

Thank you for your info, very much appriecated.

Woodster

·
Registered
438 Posts
fred is right i have a shimano exage carp rod it is the best all round travel rod cast up to 4 oncs and float fish as well i used it for plugs and it comes in a hard case and cost 67 pound best travel rod ever

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taff2 said:
fred is right i have a shimano exage carp rod it is the best all round travel rod cast up to 4 oncs and float fish as well i used it for plugs and it comes in a hard case and cost 67 pound best travel rod ever
Taff2 & Fred

Due to her in doors one has to look at cheaper end of the market I have seen a Ron Thompson 12 Superior and Reel for £19.99. To explain a wee bit further I live in N Hants all my fishing gear is in Somerset only get there once a month hoping to get a telescopic for using around the south coast. Her in doors and kids stay on the beach and i disappear for a few hours of peace and tranquillity.

Woodster

PS Thinking of changing one's signature block

·
Registered
409 Posts
i sumtyms use a telescopic rod when fishing off porthcawl pier the only thing i find different about it is that is don't cast as far as a beachcaster but u dnt rly need 2 cast far off a pier lol

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
woodster said:
Dear all,

Please give views/opinions on telescopic beathcasters

Many thanks

Woodster
Hi Woodster,

You were the one that asked the question, and the replys that were posted informed you that these rods are "$*<p". With all due respects to your budget, you are not going to get much for your £20. Have a little think about it and stretch your limit a little more.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts