World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im going on holiday to the Algarve in a couple of weeks and was planning to do a bit of fishing - nothing heavy just a bit of spinning off the pier. Anyone know what would be a good telescopic/travel rod? I've looked on the websites and im very confused there are so many!

Cheers

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Would'nt you be better to buy one when you get there?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Look at the Shimano range. Look at the multi section spinning and beachcasters. I have both brilliant rods. Good to use over here not just for holls. I dont cast along way but I can cast the multi section beachcaster 180yrds so not bad. Oh and they come in a hard travel tube about 18inch long. great rods if a bit expensive compared to other cheapos. But remember you get what you pay for. Hope this helps

·
Registered
557 Posts
Whatever you buy remember that it has to go inside your suitcase, if you are to avoid extra baggage charges on some air lines.
The ones that come in hard tubes are the best, I have a 13ft Tica casts up to 90grm. You may find a much better selection of tele rods around the Med as they tend to use them in general and not just for the occasional outing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Good advice you will find more choice in Europe.

I have a DAM Quick-stick 2.40m casting 20-40g. which i use for light sea spinning and free lining. Very strong and packs down to around 23 inches. (Got it from www.askari-fishing.co.uk). Had some reasnoble pike on it as well. Also got one of those shimano really compact models, with the seperate handle. Great fun rods but as alot of sections can be a bit of a mare getting all the setions to line up properly.

If you fit a hook keeper ring you can have them ready rigged up with a lure.

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Very small telescopics are excellent for holiday.

At least the missus will believe that you are away fishing.

What you do thereafter hahahahahhaha:fishing:

·
Registered
31 Posts
an unusual advice for an Uk fisherman: Italcanna Futura , 190 or 250gr. (more tippy the first one), one of best rods totally made in Italy, very affordable price and very nice rod:victory:, one of my favourite telescopic rods

you can find it easily on ebay.it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts