World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,can anyone recommend any telescopic or travel type rod for light beach/lure/float fishing? just got back from a holiday in Crete,bit gutted as the telescopic rod i had lined up wouldn't actually fit in the suitcase!!! was bit peeved as i thought the whole point of folding up was for convenient travelling!can only spend up to 50,got everything else i need so it is just the rod.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just ordered the 4sss from veals for £40, casts up to 80gms, 4pce 10 ft heavy duty spinner, I get it on Monday & shall let you know how it is.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just got back of holiday (Cornwall) where I got to use the Veals 4SSS (4 section sea spin) rod. Couldn't fault it for money. It was casting a 2 oz weight a good 8o yards with just a quick flick, pulled in four mackeral on a string of feathers no problem and dealt well with the odd snag when spinning over rocks and into gully's. Use a rear drag reel and braid for some great fun with the mackeral and small pollock!
Good value for money and easliy 80%+ as good a similar two peice so you only lose a little performance but gain lots of practicality!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just got back of holiday (Cornwall) where I got to use the Veals 4SSS (4 section sea spin) rod. Couldn't fault it for money. It was casting a 2 oz weight a good 8o yards with just a quick flick, pulled in four mackeral on a string of feathers no problem and dealt well with the odd snag when spinning over rocks and into gully's. Use a rear drag reel and braid for some great fun with the mackeral and small pollock!
Good value for money and easliy 80%+ as good a similar two peice so you only lose a little performance but gain lots of practicality!
That`s music to my ears Henry, I took a chance on this one as I couldn`t find much feedback on it from others but it sounds perfect for what I need it for, 2oz would be the max I`d need to cast with it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good to me,thanks for your replies!Any other recommendations still appreciated tho as im in no rush!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts