World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, what i would like to know is are the tempest shads any stronger than the storm equivelent ? i was cod fishing last sunday and the fish were ripping the tails off the storm shads right where the hooks exit the back. obviously with the price of them this works out quite expensive, i notice that the tempest shads are more money but wondered if they are made out of a stonger material. or can any one reccomend any other type of weighted shad that is stronger ? i am using the 4" ones. many thanks A

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Ive used various makes & find that they do tend to tear behind the hook, but have had at least a session out of every one before it is wrecked.
Even then they can be repaired using a soldering iron to melt the tear & stick it back up again. Not as good as new but you will get more use out of them.
When i consider what i lose when jigging or bottom bait fishing i think wrecking one or two Shads is nothing in comparison.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive used various makes & find that they do tend to tear behind the hook, but have had at least a session out of every one before it is wrecked.
Even then they can be repaired using a soldering iron to melt the tear & stick it back up again. Not as good as new but you will get more use out of them.
When i consider what i lose when jigging or bottom bait fishing i think wrecking one or two Shads is nothing in comparison.
good idea, t,ll try the soldering iron trick.
i,ve just ordered some oasis 4" shads for £2.80 a pack might not be much good but i,ll give them a try A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts