World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now I'm convinced Mexico at Easter is going to happen. A bit worried that the state of Nayarit has ordered all hotels to limit to 50% capacity but as I've been booked for ages hoping we don't get bounced (or limits are lifted by April). So in anticipation I have ordered up some of the new shallow diving Nomad DTX minnows - 145mm diving to 3m. They have been spamming me with Facebook adds since September but haven't had any stock for any market outside of the US (and presumably the domestic Australian market) until now. Ordered them up to be shipped from Australia and including shipping works out at £20 a pop in my hand. Reckon that's probably pretty close to what I would have to pay from a UK dealer when they get stock (including postage). Rokmax are £23+postage for the 140mm deep diver. Given it only took 6 days from order to arrive via fed-ex that's pretty good. I guess I might still get a VAT bill but that's only another £4 a lure so probably works out about evens. They didn't have a blue one so will have to go back for that which probably means I will buy something else to make it worth while.......ahhh, seeing the false economy now :whistle:

Paint Plastic bottle Rectangle Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
288 Posts
Trolling is not really my thing but on the odd occasions I do it I've found those DTX Minnows to be very good. The Madscad stickbait also trolls quite well in an emergency ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hope that your trip works out OK, pleased that "red zone" nonsense had gone.

I had a good time there in October / November but had to route via Vancouver to avoid UK quarantine on return.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trolling is not really my thing but on the odd occasions I do it I've found those DTX Minnows to be very good. The Madscad stickbait also trolls quite well in an emergency ;)
Was hoping I might be able to chuck those for a Jack or two as well as troll but I may be demonstrating my naivety! Have fished the big x-Raps that way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got the deeper divers which seem to be just a trolling lure due to the size of the bib, but Nomad's website mentions that the shallow 145 could also be used for casting, albeit their promo video refers solely to trolling.

These lures are way better for trolling than the bigger Rapalas imho.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the deeper divers which seem to be just a trolling lure due to the size of the bib, but Nomad's website mentions that the shallow 145 could also be used for casting, albeit their promo video refers solely to trolling.

These lures are way better for trolling than the bigger Rapalas imho.
I've got the deep divers as well. Very popular for Snapper in that part of the world now although the Storm Deep Thunders were pretty effective last time I went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts