World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I fish Manobier and Penally alot but fancy a change. Any suggestions (PM if you'd prefer).

Ive thought about the ledges beneath the bandstand or having a crack on South Beach.

I will be fishing this weekend (from around 5am to 10am) so suspect I will be seeing both sides of high!

Any advise would be well received.

Cheers :thumbs:

Alun

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Matty

Trying to juggle fishing with the family, so will be up for 4.30am, straight onto a mark then back in time to take the family out for a fryup....... like frigging count down!!!

Local is better.

Cheers pal

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
bandstand is ok, i have always found a moving bait to be best here.
even if using worm or fish, give it a tweek every ten seconds or so, good luck, you have some deeper water here, dont have to cast far.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Alun, if its not too far away from you try about 300 yrds right of the bouy / pipe opposite the south beach car park and the new development. 3hrs before and 2 hrs after best, try and pick up some non-farmed rag (tackle terminal Pembroke dock), short snood with one or two size 2/0 hooks, use a the smallest grapnal weight you can get away with (grapnal weight will help bed the hook in when you get a bite) Tide runs left to right normally at about 2/3 knotes so cast slightly to the left and don't cast long, a medium lob will work best.

I'm guessing if you can get an evening (just after dark) high tide...

1st bass about 2 hrs before, 2nd about 45 mins before high and maybe 1 or 2 an hour after high. You maybe lucky with a golden grey or two thrown in. Each bass will be between 38 and 42cm long (legal limit 37.5cm).

If its evening ! the person to the right of you will be Paul (with Buster (a lurcher) the bait eating dog!) the elderly gentleman on the left will be Mike. The jogger who passes you at high tide with a red track suit on is Wayne, works for eon. If you see an bright orange jacket its me.

Sorry can't be more help lol :yeah:

Seriously any questions just shout. You can have some good bites just don't strike on the first it maybe mullet play hit and run with their mates.

Tightlines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts