World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit manic with work at the mo, not enough time in the evening to take Sinbad out, but still nice to get afloat on the tender for a couple of hours.

Trip before last resulted in a very nice Wrasse for kieth, just under elephants nose - had to go 5lb, nice fight on 12lb line (20lb Floro traces), small course fishing fixed spool and carp hooks.....gutted we didnt have a camera :help:, put back to fight anotherday.

Managed to get out for a couple of hours with rag on Monday eve..
Wrasse have arrived in good numbers now, plenty to be had.. The bigger fish moved off about hour after high, still plenty of little wrasse about, didnt have scales but had a phone on camera, reckon one went a couple of pound..

No decent eaters on the pollock, so fish cakes were off the menu. Didnt have the heart to bash the wrasse, too good looking, back to fight another day.

Still great fun and cost about used about 35p of the 1lt full tank :drunk:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Sounds like a fun day on the water.:clap:

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Nice one Pixy. Nice to anchor up with a boulder and catch some wrasse :fishing1:

Seems to be a few lobster scuttling round in the bay. I had one on spinning rod before I went away. Keeper but went back. Came back a week later to find out Jools had a clunker on her spinning rod.

"It was much bigger than yours" :nonono:

And she beat my pb mullet :blink:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny how relaxing lifting the anchor is when you are in 12ft of water and use a stone tied to a peice of rope !!, ......not the same as the normal heavy lumps of steel, 30ft chain and a few hudred foot of rope being towed under a bouy off horse shoe, with the tide at full swing !!

Good to see some Lobster showing bud, I'm guessing the Waverley has paid another visit to combe and brought the storage pots to the beach :doh:,
Good to hear Jules is finally whipping Bro's butt at the fishing :1a:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't beat the old Wrasse on light gear,well done Pix :thumbs:
Cracking fun on Very light spinning rods and course fishing reels....had to step up the hooks lengths to 20lb, kept getting bitten off, with teeth like that, I guess 12lb line was a bit light for trace :doh:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one Nick a bit of light fishn is good for the soul,lovely spot you got there.:fishing1:
Much more chilling than taking the big bird out !!....not even a problem if the winds kicks up.......

Only thing is, shame its such a CR*P Venue :cry:

·
Registered
24,175 Posts
Goodfun on a punt inshore,get just out of casting range and annoy the shore danglers by hauling loads of fish in whilst they are blanking!!!!!!!!! PMSL!!!!:1a::1a::1a::oops:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Goodfun on a punt inshore,get just out of casting range and annoy the shore danglers by hauling loads of fish in whilst they are blanking!!!!!!!!! PMSL!!!!:1a::1a::1a::oops:
It happened the other night, not much being had on the pier and the wrasse were coming every 15mins...

BUT, you hit the nail on head "Get just out of casting range"....I wasnt, outta harbour isnt wide enough...
about 30mins after the 4th fish, we were being used as target practice, with 6oz grippers landing very close :wheelchai!!...thats taking poaching a swim to the edge :whistling..

My only thought was....they probably spent hundreds of pounds on distance casting setups, when they could buy a small dingy for £100 and buy a complete light rod / reel outfit for £40...I wouldnt even mind if they tied up to us (shared my £0.00 stone anchor) and joined in the fun.:punk:
Still, thankfully they missed, so I saw the funny side !! :roll1:

·
Registered
24,175 Posts
It happened the other night, not much being had on the pier and the wrasse were coming every 15mins...

BUT, you hit the nail on head "Get just out of casting range"....I wasnt, outta harbour isnt wide enough...
about 30mins after the 4th fish, we were being used as target practice, with 6oz grippers landing very close :wheelchai!!...thats taking poaching a swim to the edge :whistling..

My only thought was....they probably spent hundreds of pounds on distance casting setups, when they could buy a small dingy for £100 and buy a complete light rod / reel outfit for £40...I wouldnt even mind if they tied up to us (shared my £0.00 stone anchor) and joined in the fun.:punk:
Still, thankfully they missed, so I saw the funny side !! :roll1:
LOL Get a couple of buoys,some rope and a couple of sash weights,chuck one bouy out and drift 100yrds or so pretending to be shooting a net then chuck the other buoy out,should stir a nice little hornets nest up for sure!!!!!!!!!! pmsl:black_eye:black_eye:black_eye,i love going out at daybreak rowing along the coast for a few bass:fishing1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts