World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Tererife , it's always warm , it's clean and scenic . We went down Costa Del Silencio this week , I sneaked the little rod in the case .
Enjoy the video , rocky terrain .
TENERIFE 10.jpg

Love the island .
TENERIFE 8.jpg

TENERIFE 6.jpg

Still early in the season I got a few bites ,
TENERIFE 2.jpg

TENERIFE 1.jpg

TENERIFE 3.jpg

TENERIFE 4.jpg

TENERIFE 5.jpg

TENERIFE 7.jpg

Nice little break , enjoy ..

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nice video Nicolas thanks for sharing it.
The little silver boga in the second fish picture make a cracking live bait for the big predators.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Great report and photos Nicolas. Good selection of species. I would have had the boga out under a float...Did you catch it on an LRF lure or bait?
I like fishing in Tenerife but the rocky approaches to the sea have caused me some grazes in the past.
Note to self: It might be time to book another sun drenched holiday before my Jet2 £60 voucher expires:whistling:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great report and photos Nicolas. Good selection of species. I would have had the boga out under a float...Did you catch it on an LRF lure or bait?
I like fishing in Tenerife but the rocky approaches to the sea have caused me some grazes in the past.
Note to self: It might be time to book another sun drenched holiday before my Jet2 £60 voucher expires:whistling:
Will bring some heavy gears next time . Some big fish out there too .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just be careful if you're live baiting, the boga need to be over 5" if I remember correctly.

I'm going over at the end of July and looking to live bait this time off the rocks.
Lots of people dismiss getting a licence, I'd singly advise shading that.
To be honest the police (policia local) are lazy and you'll only get fined if fishing in built up areas. Always at the end of the month they'll clamp down - they have monthly quotas of fines to meet..

The guardia civil, they're a totally different kettle of fish and generally patrol nature reserve areas and are happy to clamber over rocks to check your license and what you've been catching, bigger fines from this lot.

I'm going for bigger game fish this year will be using the xrap lures, heavier size and suspending in the water column, I only bought one over there last year on the last few days and lost it to a defect barrel swivel, gutted! 40 euro down the drain and a very nice fish lost. From the fast straight run I think it was a big bonito
Going small species fishing is fun but a bit boring after a day of it.
One thing I've never been successful at has been vatching parrot fish (vieja). Use a whole baby crab on a float on a vertical spade end hook, it takes a lot of getting used to and I'm one of those fishermen who had to do a lot of moving around, not sit around waiting for a bite.

Happy to give some good mark locations on the North Coast if anyone needs them.
I'm going south east this time and have been given 2 loadings where there are runs of big yellowtail from the site, been asked not to share location of these though.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Just be careful if you're live baiting, the boga need to be over 5" if I remember correctly.
Minumum size limit for Boga is 11cm which isn't much.
I've never caught any that small on Lanza.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I saw a guy with a wide drop net off a jetty in la palma bait the water with a bread paste and catch them when they were shoaling. He left with a bucket full..
They were really small and he was very reluctant to speak to me. Saw him again later taking a small boat out. Im assuming he was using them to line catch lubina or similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts