World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out to tenerife on Nov 7th for 10 days hoping to search out some Bass @ Mullet fishing, wondered if anyone has fished the Island recently and could point me in the right direction with regards to locations to fish.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Mick.

·
Registered
407 Posts
you'll be lucky to catch anything bigger than your palm unless its a ray. if anything you might be lucky and get a small baracuda but that, as i said would be lucky. tenerife shore fishing is poor.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gregpark, sounds like i will have to leave the fishing gear at home and take the wife, hey she,s the best catch this fisherman as ever landed and no way will I tell you what bait I used.

Cheers Mate.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i'm not saying dont take your gear but just dont expect much! if you go with a light spinning rod you can catch lizard fish, small barracuda and maybe a small bluefish. then you can also float fish for bream, mullet, palometas. the fish are there but not in any numbers and not in any great size compared to the other islands but it still beats sitting next to the pool!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Going out to tenerife on Nov 7th for 10 days hoping to search out some Bass @ Mullet fishing, wondered if anyone has fished the Island recently and could point me in the right direction with regards to locations to fish.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Mick.
Plenty of Mullet and Bass in the Harbours,Unfortunately you`re not allowed to fish in the harbours! With the exception of San Juan,I saw no notice`s banning fishing from inside and the local kids turned up on mass with their spinning rods after school,I saw loads of small fish with larger shapes below,I think these were baby Barra`s and bream of some sort,The old guy`s were catching small stuff on the float which I think they use as stock for Piella.I had a dabble with a Sardine and lost a large fish with a hook pull.Guy over there recons it was a Bull Nose Ray as they fight like a proper fish,It certainly put a bend in my Beachcaster,
You can catch the bus to there from Americas/Los Crist,It only takes 30mins and costs about 3e,It drops off at the harbour,There`s a beach so the wife can sunbath while you fish. Sorted.
San Juan is a working harbour so keep to the end and out of the way,We don`t want fishing banned here aswell.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live in the North of Tenerife and I wouldn't say the fishing's bad! I'm not sure about the marks in the area you'll be in but I'd suggest exploring some of the other coastal towns and beaches. I've heard great things about shore fishing in Garachico, Taganana beach, Benijo beach, etc. By locals I mean a couple of old lifetime fisherman at my local shop, they have a huge photo album and spend hours with me teaching me the Spanish names, where they caught them and how! Best of luck mate!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts