World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
No experience with the Terhi but it looks like a nice little boat, if a little narrow in the beam. If you are only going to be rowing this is an advantage though, as narrower boats are easier to row.

If you're primarily going to be using an out board motor I would also consider the Bonwitco 375 and Orkney Spinner 13 as alternatives. Both of these are about 6 inches wider than the Terhi and will feel a lot more spacious. The Bonwitco is a semi displacement design and will take up to a 25 hp motor. The Orkney is a displacement boat like the Terhi and is rated for a maximum of 8hp. They are both slightly heavier than the Terhi. They are also a bit more expensive, but they have both been around for many years so there are a lot of secondhand ones out there.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
No direct experience of a Terhi but people speak well of them and I've seen them on a hire fleet, so I would imagine they're tough as well.

·
Banned
367 Posts
We used to us little 8 to 12 ft boats like this for estuary fishing, sometimes row or skull better with a little 2.5 hp on the back gives a little more fishing time. With the tide you have allow plenty of time when rowing as not to get stuck. Its not fun waiting 6 hours on the mud for the tide to come back. Go for it they got to be better than an SIB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts