World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, This ABU Terminator lure has served me well, and I've had some nice fish on it, but I reckon it's due to be overhauled.

Have a look.

In a sorry state isn't it?

I was going through my lure boxes last night having a bit of an over haul changing split rings and trebbles and I looked at this lure and I can't bring myself to chuck it.

I reckon it can be bought back to life in some way. I was reading a thread on here about taking all the paint off so its more or less clear, what you think?

It has caught fish in this state, it makes me wonder if fish dont care about looks, they just ike the way it moves and shakes. If I do go for the clear option should I keep the orange strip along the underside?

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You reckon? I will need to get some smaller trebbles than what i have got, Only got size 2, bit big for it. I'm off to the menai straits for low water, Might give it a go then.

Looking at it though I genuinely feel sorry for it :huh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have this plug and also the smaller 90mm one but iv never had anything with it. I havent used it for a while because if i remember correctly i wasnt overly impressed with the action of it in the water, perhaps i got a naff one!

Either way im now looking forward to using it again perhaps later!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I will leave it as it is for now see how I get on. I've put some new trebbles on it and I'm off out on the boat for a couple of hours tonight, this will be the first in the water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts