World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a budget of around £400 (2 rod setup) to spend on changing over from fixed spool to multipliers, I have been looking around on the net and reading some previous posts on here and I am thinking of going for the tfg delta 14ft coupled with the akios 651csm or akois S-Line 656CTM.

I have only ever used multipliers a few times on boat trips and I have an abu7000 with line lay system which I use occassionally, I am better going for the 656ctm without line lay on it or should a complete novice like me stick to having the 651csm with it. advise gladly accepted,.

As for the rod it seems to be quite well thought of for the price but if anyone knows of something better around the same price I would appreciate there input

I mainly fish over clean ground and some roughish ground.

Many thanks guys

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've got 2 TFG delta's and a TFG Force 8 and can highly rate them. You won't get better rods for the price in my view. My other rods stay in the cupboard since i bought the Delta's. For reels have a look a the TFG reels as well they are just re badged Akios but with upgraded spindles. I would buy without a line lay. this only restricts the distance you can cast and also may catch the leader knot. It doesn't take long to learn how to lay your line on the spool. You may be able to get a discount combo deal with Fishtec/TFG.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Of the reels you mention one is for lefties. Anything with a 1 in the end of it is usually for left handed folk. If you're an ordinary right handed bloke then the 656ctm or tfg equivalent will be the way to go. Lovely reels :) like selseybilly says you might be able to work them for a reasonable discount if you're spending 400 bucks.

G

·
I use a pair of Delta's (14ft ) with Akios 656 CTM's, their a combination made in heaven, had T B Rays, decent Plaice and Small eyed Rays with them, handled them beautifully, I used to use Century Mk 2 Supermatches and Century Mk 2 Sports, not anymore !! the Sports may get an outing when conditions and ground may need more muscle, but this is rare. sometimes pair the Delta's up with the Shuttles and TFG S mag 65 for a treat ! Tim

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thankyou guys, selseybilly do you know what models of the tfg I should be looking at I think they should be a 6 series but which one ? and sounds like the line lay has gone already, as for the rods I think I will give them ago. thanks dean191 I know that they left hand, I had shoulder surgery as few years ago on my left arm and its not as strong now so was thinking that maybe if possible to have left hand but it all comes down to getting the best I can afford so if I can't get a reel in left then right it will be and left arm will have to put up with it and finally so fishtec and tfg are linked ? so maybe I could get a discount, is it best to talk to them on the phone or over the net ?

Again guys many many thanks for your in put

·
Registered
845 Posts
I would go for a Force8 65CTM.None levelwind(lay line) model with the centrifugal and magnetic braking combination RRP £109.00 or if you want to push the boat out a S-Mag65 for £60 more. I would also recommend a Penn 525 mag, This one of my favourite reels.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanks selseybilly thats really helpful, I will have a look at the tfg today, would love to have a 525mag2 but there just to much money wouldn't leave me any thing for the rods and as I currently have two diawa emcast 14ft that are rigged for fixed spool I don't think I would be able to use 525 on them(I do like penn though as I have two surfmaster 750's fixed spool lovely reel and very tough).

G

·
If your around the Camborne area feel free to give me a visit, you then could have a look at the Delta's, Centurys, Abu's etc that I have in the cupboard as well as the Akios reels etc (many others as well) then you can make an informed choice based on what you know as opposed to sugestions

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thanks tim I may well take you up on that, it wont be for a couple of weeks as I am away on holiday, I wont have the money in my account till begiing of nov now so all on hold til then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts