World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,well i was invited on my mate banny,s boat for 24hr fishing,spurnned on by ron,we set of sat 8th at around 3.45pm arrived not far from windmill farm,moored up for the night,and started fishing banny was hoping for a few large skate,the weather was warm,the sea calm,baiting up with herring,squid,lug.on banny,s first caste a good tug was given,he calmly played the fish to the boat,and there was a large dog fish about two and a half pounds,followed by another two dogs,happy we were in a good spot,he took a couple of hours kip,me i had not had i bite,i know your going to stay up all night fishing he said to me,that,s right mate i said with a chuckle.well the stars came out millions of them what a sight,anyway i started catching,7 dogs 5 very small codling by morning i felt great,banny cooked us a slap up breakfast,we fished some more due to thick fog by about ten am we decided to try another spot which in total all fish 20 dog fish and 10 codling and a nice dab,we set for home weather hot sea calm,the engine got a few air blocks which banny easily sorted,what a fantastic 24hrs,many thanks banny,it was great mate,we did well considering,tight lines,rammses.and thanks to member of our boat club for their assistance when we returned.:boat: :secret: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :boat:

· Registered
186 Posts
Yea,we had a good time me repairing engines ,with no thornies!DONT LISTEN TO RON.Only joking its just good to be out there,and with good company.Anyway read a report from Ron,that he,s second trip out over the easter weekend was the same as ours,just loads of doggies and not much more,thats fishing for you !!!!!!!!!!!:giveup:

G

·
Thats why you got no thornies Rammses, Ron's had them all. His fillet and release policy obviously isnt working too well:unsure: . Good on you for sticking it that long though. I hope to have a couple of overnight sessions myself in the summer mid channel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.