World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished off the grass bank to the left of the pub car park with Binman Barry. I opted for the small hooks/maddie approach while Barry tried for an early bass (well that's his excuse). First bite in less than 5 minutes...guess what, a flounder! Second bite 5 minutes later....another one! Oooh pinch me mother I must be dreaming! Bit of a lull then as I was probably casting too far for a good while. Coming shorter eventually got me another one and then a final flurry of two more gave me a grand total of five. Barry stuck it out and despite missing a couple of bites did eventually connect.....with another flounder.

With the weather starting to improve I would hope the bass and even eels wont be too far away. We can but hope.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Fished off the grass bank to the left of the pub car park with Binman Barry. I opted for the small hooks/maddie approach while Barry tried for an early bass (well that's his excuse). First bite in less than 5 minutes...guess what, a flounder! Second bite 5 minutes later....another one! Oooh pinch me mother I must be dreaming! Bit of a lull then as I was probably casting too far for a good while. Coming shorter eventually got me another one and then a final flurry of two more gave me a grand total of five. Barry stuck it out and despite missing a couple of bites did eventually connect.....with another flounder.

With the weather starting to improve I would hope the bass and even eels wont be too far away. We can but hope.
so you got BUCKET loads of fish then :doh:

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did post in the wrong section....must have been all the excitement today.no I do not keep the flounders.
lol did you post that in the wrong section ;) well done on fish though - just out of interest do you eat them flounders ?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Well done, think there's still plenty about. Prob beginning to come back from spawning now.
Good maddies again this wk? Found a new place to get them!!!

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent maddies Ian......most casts just two were a big enough bait.the flounders this week were a better stamp than last week at rainham.
Well done, think there's still plenty about. Prob beginning to come back from spawning now.
Good maddies again this wk? Found a new place to get them!!!

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Well done john,that's where I got me 42 from there

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve, you are the Spielberg of wsf! (Or is it wtf?). On a more serious note the old church right next door to proctors refinery is the one where they filmed the funeral in four weddings and a funeral......not many people know that....
Well done on the mud rats John I am waiting for the bigger ones to return.

Welcome to Grays Thurrock Essex - YouTube

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hiya Tel. There's a nice mudbank between the right hand side of where I was and whopper island, that's where the fish were today.
Well done john,that's where I got me 42 from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts