World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished thamesmead this morning got there at what i thought was low water but the tide was still on its way out never the less the bass were willing to play the game i fished one rod with a two hook flapper rag as bait and first chuck a pound and a half bass,bloke turns up as im lifting it out you had much mate , only this just got here,he sets up first cast 4lb bass i pulled it up the wall whilst doing this my rod is banging away up i pull another bass nearer to 3lb, the tide hit low water nothing else for a couple of hours for me but the bloke next along took another bass bigger than his last, get yourselves down there lads great sport to be had for 3 hrs fishing, the bass were spitting up shrimp ,gave me an idea:thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
fished thamesmead this morning got there at what i thought was low water but the tide was still on its way out never the less the bass were willing to play the game i fished one rod with a two hook flapper rag as bait and first chuck a pound and a half bass,bloke turns up as im lifting it out you had much mate , only this just got here,he sets up first cast 4lb bass i pulled it up the wall whilst doing this my rod is banging away up i pull another bass nearer to 3lb, the tide hit low water nothing else for a couple of hours for me but the bloke next along took another bass bigger than his last, get yourselves down there lads great sport to be had for 3 hrs fishing, the bass were spitting up shrimp ,gave me an idea:thumbs::fishing1:
nice one mate i am up there saturday cant beat low water there.
Hope to get a few more before the whiting invade.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where exactly do you fish at Thamesmead...or is that a secret!! I have just shared my secret supplier of cheap bait ( SEE WOO ) so how's about sharing yours!!! I am opposite Plumstead Common so only 5 mins from Thamesmead.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Where exactly do you fish at Thamesmead...or is that a secret!! I have just shared my secret supplier of cheap bait ( SEE WOO ) so how's about sharing yours!!! I am opposite Plumstead Common so only 5 mins from Thamesmead.
ITS no secret excuse the punn, fish any where behind the shopping centre on the prom.
i am there early saturday come and join me if you need help, thats what this forum is for :yeah:

·
Registered
777 Posts
well done , mate. its on me doorstep. looks like the misses is gonna lose me 1 day next week
jay

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well done on the bass nickyg thamesmead is the place for bass always has been lot of shrimp brimgs them next time u go before ting turn up use raw prawn had some lumps out om them ;-) good luck mate let u know when out next got good spot for the ting and codlin

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi mate i havent fished thamesmead yet sounds good.. i live in erith and can see erith pier from my window.. but i might have to join ya one day if thats ok.:notworthy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for info on Thamesmead. I have tried just at the end of Pier Way on the prom but to the right but no luck. I am astonished that you get results at low water!! I have lots of raw prawns, cuttle, squid, frozen blacks and razor clams but will take your excellent advice and try the raw prawns first......then maybe razor clams. Monday is my day off as we do not have a perf of Lion King so might go down there later and scrub the planned trip to Brighton Marina as it is foggy!

·
Registered
777 Posts
you get out on the pier much? can be good for bass at 1st flood then move to the gulleys on the bend when the tide hits the wall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.