World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank u for the add to the site appreciatted. Looking forward to talking all things fishing an Al get started on a quickie. Wats everyone using for shock leader knots these days. Currently using the uni knot but fancying a change. An was also wondering if anyone has any input on the tapered shock leaders. They any good or not? If so wat brands you guys recomend plse as I'm new to beach casting an estuary fishing but have fished all my life but mainly freshwater rivers an resivoirs for trout an pike any advice greatly appreciatted thanks ☺

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Hiya David,
Welcome aboard mate.
As regards shockleader- if its mainly clean, snag free ground you're fishing & you're using the usual .35 dia (15lb ish) mono as mainline tapered leaders are what i use (Asso being my preference) & i tie these with a 5 or 6 turn grinner in each)
If you're liable to find a snag or two then i'd use standard 60lb plus leader (i use Greased Weasel or Ultima) & tie these with an overhand knot in the leader & a 5 or 6 turn grinner in the mainline.
Speaking of mainline 19lb (.35 dia) Rovex 10X is what i use.
Hope thats some help.
Rick;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya David,
Welcome aboard mate.
As regards shockleader- if its mainly clean, snag free ground you're fishing & you're using the usual .35 dia (15lb ish) mono as mainline tapered leaders are what i use (Asso being my preference) & i tie these with a 5 or 6 turn grinner in each)
If you're liable to find a snag or two then i'd use standard 60lb plus leader (i use Greased Weasel or Ultima) & tie these with an overhand knot in the leader & a 5 or 6 turn grinner in the mainline.
Speaking of mainline 19lb (.35 dia) Rovex 10X is what i use.
Hope thats some help.
Rick;)
Yeah that's great advice thanks rick m8 an thank u for the welcome hud. I'm using rovex line an rovex shock leader myself at present bud with a diff knot as stated. But I'm gonna give the one u suggested a try matey. As finding this a bit lumpy. Even tho its smaller an neater than the one my local tackle shop tied on which was quickly removed the knot was horrendous lol, an I generally use 20lb mainline an a 80lb shock leader as I am known to be a touch heavy handed on the casting side lol but am thinking of downsizing a notch or two to help with casting with the resistances of such heavy line. So my next setup shall be 18lb mainline going down to a 60lb shock as Im generally fishing over clean ground. Specially atm as the flounder r in big time locally still. Really appreciate the advice mate thank u kindly for the help an I shall try this an get back to youse with the results cheers buddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts