World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would give it another go on monday, This time it was a nice sunny day, arrived and walked over at the bus shelter to find a pretty busy beach and the welk potter P2 about 100yrds off shore strait out, so waked about 500 yards to my right and set up. looked to be another slow day down there, after about 3 hours i had not noticed one fish landed, about 1 hour before high water i managed to bag one,result job done so to speak, not a monster a little over the 2lb mark , but i was chufffed with that, it had taken 2 hooks from my 3 hook flapper so he wernt getting off,That turned out to be the only fish of the day for me and the only fish i saw landed out of at least 20 rods, so i would say their few and far between at the moment!

One thing that did get on my tits was some guy with hes kid setting up 10 yards from me and forcing me to move 30 yards away from him:thumbdown . He did not even set up in between me and the next guy but much closer to me:blink:
Any ways he first cast he cracked off :) about an hour later he droped a fish ,dont know what it was as just see it flapping in the surf and i watched him looking for it for about a min. i reeled in hes rigs for him as the tide was moving them in front of me. If your reading this and it was you that set up next to me and then lost a fish , all i have to say is GOOD:bleh: :bleh: , have some respect for poeples space!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
At least you got one fish mate...I'm off there shortly so would be happy with the same result. I 'll be the one blanking with a pair of motionless Carbon Metals if anyone is there and wants to say hello !

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Stu, it's the team extreme staus that brings the nice fishies in ! well done mate !

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thought i would give it another go on monday, This time it was a nice sunny day, arrived and walked over at the bus shelter to find a pretty busy beach and the welk potter P2 about 100yrds off shore strait out, so waked about 500 yards to my right and set up. looked to be another slow day down there, after about 3 hours i had not noticed one fish landed, about 1 hour before high water i managed to bag one,result job done so to speak, not a monster a little over the 2lb mark , but i was chufffed with that, it had taken 2 hooks from my 3 hook flapper so he wernt getting off,That turned out to be the only fish of the day for me and the only fish i saw landed out of at least 20 rods, so i would say their few and far between at the moment!

One thing that did get on my tits was some guy with hes kid setting up 10 yards from me and forcing me to move 30 yards away from him:thumbdown . He did not even set up in between me and the next guy but much closer to me:blink:
Any ways he first cast he cracked off :) about an hour later he droped a fish ,dont know what it was as just see it flapping in the surf and i watched him looking for it for about a min. i reeled in hes rigs for him as the tide was moving them in front of me. If your reading this and it was you that set up next to me and then lost a fish , all i have to say is GOOD:bleh: :bleh: , have some respect for poeples space!!
Stu,

Nice to see you have obviously taken a tip from the Master as how to catch a plaice:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stu,

Nice to see you have obviously taken a tip from the Master as how to catch a plaice:clap2: :clap2:
i did indeed. i was tipping my baits this time,

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

oh it was a respected wsf poster in my mind. how would you like it if the boot was on the other foot

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Nice fish mate, hope we get some down our way in the next few months.
Anyway, that guy who set up so close to you wants telling...........
Here we don't tolerate any anglers setting up so close, they get politely told where to go!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice fish mate, hope we get some down our way in the next few months.
Anyway, that guy who set up so close to you wants telling...........
Here we don't tolerate any anglers setting up so close, they get politely told where to go!
He would have been told but there was a young lad with him , who dont need to see me being polite.
it was easy enough fo me to move not that i should have to.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Slayer - as I said on the other forum, wind yer neck in mate, there were 20 + people fishing Eastney on Monday - space was at a real premium, I set up exactly where 2 others had just left as I watched them walk up. It was at least 20/30 yards from you - What you wanted was to walk 20 + yards and cast and return - sorry mate, no room to do that - did you ask the others to move ?
Give 'n' take n'all that- sorry you had to move but you only had to come up and tell me you wanted all that room to cast .....

PS - I didnt crack off !

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slayer - as I said on the other forum, wind yer neck in mate, there were 20 + people fishing Eastney on Monday - space was at a real premium, I set up exactly where 2 others had just left as I watched them walk up. It was at least 20/30 yards from you - What you wanted was to walk 20 + yards and cast and return - sorry mate, no room to do that - did you ask the others to move ?
Give 'n' take n'all that- sorry you had to move but you only had to come up and tell me you wanted all that room to cast .....

PS - I didnt crack off !
Im not going to start a row over this now matey, atleast you have held your hands up and said sorry.

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
cheers.i might take you up on the pint one day:)
Hmmmmm.........sensible people resolving a potentially explosive situation and in only a couple of posts. Careful gentlemen, it just might catch on!! :kissing:

Seriously though, well done to you both......good example to set methinks. :clap3:

Good luck.

Andy. :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
arrrrr i thought it was gana go right off then lol!
andy any news on south parade peir?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts