World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Same as you mate,had a couple of nice ones off the beach best one just over 8lb,loads of schoolies off the boat!!! The Pollack were very scarce for us!!!
That's a nice bass. We've been fishing on one of the beaches in your area, I won't name it for obvious reasons but next time we go there perhaps meet up?... Oddly enough we've had a lot of Pollock, the biggest was on Dodman but numbers on manacles

·
Registered
25,433 Posts
That's a nice bass. We've been fishing on one of the beaches in your area, I won't name it for obvious reasons but next time we go there perhaps meet up?... Oddly enough we've had a lot of Pollock, the biggest was on Dodman but numbers on manacles
Give me a shout, mates had coalies, whiting and a turbot. Sunday evening! Lots of crabs annoying though!

Reactions: Mat B and bass912

·
Registered
339 Posts
Total pants here in Pembrokeshire. Sea took ages to warm up and the may weed hung around far too long. The baitfish were pretty much absent but thanks to covid "staycationers" spilled out from the tourist beaches onto the normally quiet bassy bits .
We all know certain marks fish best when certain tides and sea conditions combine but for me those golden days just didn't appear as often as I'd like.
Marks that would normally guarantee 5-6 decent bass a session were now producing a schoolie a week.
Ditto up the coast in Ceredigion. Season took forever to get going, despite suitable sea temperatures. I had a couple of glory days, but mainly my short (night) sessions only gave me one or two fish, though I had some biggies.Most of my trips are in the dark, but I didn't see ANY baitfish this year, compared to last season when I witnessed a shoal around an acre herded up against the sandbar.Our coast colours up easily, which is why I'm currently walking the Pembs coast path, and finding marks. Talk about the grass is greener......

·
The Cheeky Essex Lure Fisher, joined March 2010
5,606 Posts
How did you find this year 2021 bass wise for me it was the worst for numbers so far lure fishing the bass just didn't seem to be there in any numbers at all off the Essex coast where i fish how was it for you where you live good or bad the only place that fished well towards the end of the year that heard of was from the lads i know in jersey who seemed to pick up some nice fish late on in the year i just hope the coming year is not as bad it would be nice to hear how some you lads found this year gone👇☝
I fished the Blackwater my favourite hunting ground it was dire had 3
Never seen the weed so bad
Kent the same
Heard the boys only had a few good days all year and there local
A right kick In the nads if u ask me
My average was 2 to 5 hundred a year
So 3 wtf lols bazz

21 - 24 of 24 Posts