World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all went to Abbotsbury 14/10/2018 . Arrived at Abbotsbury tackle shop to pick up my fresh blacks about 12.00 pm and got to car park abot 12.30 . Got kit together and walked up to the white cottages. I walk the road to the cottages and went on top of the bank to see the beach was rammed . I was going to walk up to the pill box there bit the beach was more rammed the further I go so I managed to squeeze in next to two lads that was on the comp there got set up and I was in the water by 13.30 pm with black lug and squid cocktail after 20 mins or so I'd thought I'd bait up again this time I had black lug and squid on one and mackerel and bluey on the other . While I was sorting more cocktails out looked up to see my rod being tugged and slack line so I jumped up reeled in to feel there was something good on there . Even taking line off me . Very excited to fine out what it is . Coming close to the big add swell and then I lost it . Really fucked ducked off as it felt good on there. After that not a lot really just one doggie that I nearly lost on the shore line managed to get it tho . So I didn't blank . Roll on Saturday to give it another go .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mate that would of bucked me off even more . What ever it was it was pulling line off me reel quiet a bit . I'm going back Saturday and I will land a cod . A lad I spoke to at the car park he landed a 2.4lb cod and there was a 15lb ish conger and and spur dog as well landed

·
Registered
621 Posts
No mate that would of bucked me off even more . What ever it was it was pulling line off me reel quiet a bit . I'm going back Saturday and I will land a cod . A lad I spoke to at the car park he landed a 2.4lb cod and there was a 15lb ish conger and and spur dog as well landed
A local from Bournemouth told me 20lb cod had landed ... I’m not sure but that what I heard. On live blacks

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
The guy that had the conger also had the Spurdog . Saw him land both And the spur was double figures by the looks of it.

He did really well to land those fish in the Massive swells. Was very impressed by all the dancing around trying to avoid the fierce waves and the backwash.

So if the captor of these two impressive fish (yellow hat guy) is reading this.. Strictly come dancing needs You.

Unlucky Lee on the lost fish. Bet you were not the only one that lost a good fish down there Yesterday.

Getting shingled was a big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
15,960 Posts
The guy that had the conger also had the Spurdog . Saw him land both And the spur was double figures by the looks of it.

He did really well to land those fish in the Massive swells. Was very impressed by all the dancing around trying to avoid the fierce waves and the backwash.

So if the captor of these two impressive fish (yellow hat guy) is reading this.. Strictly come dancing needs You.

Unlucky Lee on the lost fish. Bet you were not the only one that lost a good fish down there Yesterday.

The spur was 14lb odd Nick.

You’re not supposed to put the shingle in your ass you know! :eek:
:BigGrin:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I was there mate Sunday had some tings a pout a dog and half eaten ting by a Conger but was hard going got soaked conditions look good tho

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will keep trying till i get my cod mate . Even if it does the missus head in that I'm going every weekend

I did see him land something like a hound and the bloke next to me said it was a spur dog . Defo hard fishing. Roll on Saturday

1 - 17 of 17 Posts