World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was down there last night fished from 7 till 1.30! Tide was running very hard! Between me and my dad 4 doggies, 4 pouting, 1 whiting, 1 coddling! Mostly taking on rag! Most other anglers were catching the same! Good luck for tonight!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
bigger tide than i like to fish down the addy,but shouldstill hold out with 8oz grips and loads of line out?

Yep, you should have plenty of room to uptide. Walk down tide about 20-30 yards and cast out, let out line
as quick as possible. Sprint back striping off line from your reel. Set rod down, setting drag and let your rod tip bend
as the tide pulls against your line. Jam rod but with tackle box or ruck sack. Have you a flat nosed screw driver for the wall ?

If the rod tip springs back, your lead has broke out, slowly reel in, if it does not re grip and rod has no bend, keep reeling.
If its noding /thumping in you hands then fish on.

Difficult to explain in type, hope you know what i mean :blink:

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
Yep, you should have plenty of room to uptide. Walk down tide about 20-30 yards and cast out, let out line
as quick as possible. Sprint back striping off line from your reel. Set rod down, setting drag and let your rod tip bend
as the tide pulls against your line. Jam rod but with tackle box or ruck sack. Have you a flat nosed screw driver for the wall ?

If the rod tip springs back, your lead has broke out, slowly reel in, if it does not re grip and rod has no bend, keep reeling.
If its noding /thumping in you hands then fish on.

Difficult to explain in type, hope you know what i mean :blink:
Err shaun did you mean Walk UPTIDE??.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts