World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have been off sailing and fishing in me newly done up rickety old Cat round the Medway for a couple of days ,( thanks for the advice people gave ), we stopped off at sleepy old Queenborough for a pint and to to collect some peelers from the shoreline and get sunburnt again ,tryed to dig some rag but the mud was to soft for a heavy big boned fella like myself. :bones:

Moored up for the night in Sharfleet creek and come dusk I had me line in the water ,and much to the surprise of peeps aboard I pulled out a few bass of the two and three pound mark , One of which I kept and we ate the next day with a lovely bottle of wine.or two:drunk:

Beno's recipie for the day is: Wrapped chunky bass sections in bacon fried and served with semi mashed new pottatoes and green beans . Yum Yum.:yawn::bleh:

Earlier Today I tried a bit of Trolling for Tuna , but think I might have been a bit too optomistic :fishing1:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes cheers Dave couple of little bits that needed doing but she's sailing fine ,really well infact, we sailed into some of these creeks and anchored up without aid of an outboard ( although we,ve got one) and got loads of praise from all the other boats who were motoring .
So a Pirate I'll make one day , probably DVD's tho

Last week we took her out for the maiden voyage and loads of things
went wrong , steering cable bust and the outboard conked out.

Looks like some good spots for fishing out there with a small boat, there were a few peeps camping on one of the islands with the fort, wouldn,nt mind exploring some of the other creeks:fishing1:

·
Registered
236 Posts
well done matey look forward to a nights hardcore fishing aboard eye eye captain

G

·
i've just got home after a bike ride around upchurch and funton/halstow etc.they do look good places to fish as well.untold fine weed on the mudflats though.was u getting much weed when u were fishing mate?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't encounter any weed out there Dave , no probs with weed mate.
yesterday we sailed up to Chatham and spent the night in the Marina was gutted cos they wouldn't let me fish off the side of the boat in the Marina , saw loads of big Mullet the odd Bass and a Eel about 3 ft long.

·
Registered
543 Posts
good report mate and pukka pics, looks like you had a good time:fishing1:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Nice one Ben, glad all is good n ya got to catch some fishies, think i'd have been tempted to do a bit of handlining after them mullet n bass at the marina.

Looking forward to being afloat with ya in the near future n u showin me how to boatfish:thumbs:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice report Beno. Sounds like a bit of an Adventure :clap:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
he who dares rodders and looks like your realy trying mate lol the real captin walworth ha ha well done ben tight lines and wind in your sails mate :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::fishing:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well done m8 you old sea dog lol,we will have to come and join you on one of your adventures.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AArgh haargh you'd all be welcome and thats fer sure , :bones::crazy::victory:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
we will have to blind you in one eye and chop a leg off, and then get you a parrot (long john beno)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might have to shoot you first ,AAAArghh HArrgh
The girls all call me long john

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Good report Seaman Beno! where's the Parrot??? I could name a few sqawkers, where did you hide the treasure??

Good to see you getting your sea legs, ready for those frosty mornings.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nice one beno looks like a quality boat

1 - 20 of 28 Posts