World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This will wind a few of you up!!! went fishing last night on a beach near helston, and caught 10 yes that is ten bass everyone of them was caught on live lugworm!!i have never had a night like that, the wind was a sw, with heavy rain fished the tide in for 2 hours and out for three, and the fish kept on biting!!.

Had another rod out with sandeel (frozen) and it didnt even have a bite!!!!
So if anyone is wondering what bait to use i would definatly suggest lugworm!!!!

If you would like some consolation i put them all back so you can have a share!!!!
:) :) :) :D
ok ok i kept one!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
James, 10 tiddlers won't wind anyone up on here :D

A mate and I fished Sennen yesterday, awesome nights fishing:

22 Bass in total
3 Keepers 40cm, 42cm and 49cm
19 Tiddlers <37.5cm

Bites started at 8:30 and continued all night, and was so constant I hardly had time to roll a cancer stick!! Mostly caught on freshly dug lug, but also some bites on rag.

When we got down there at 8:30 my mate Carl cast in with my old multiplier I had given him, messed it up because he used his thumb too much and it went 15 yards, left it where it was and landed a small bass 30 seconds later.

Oh James I assume the place begins with Gun and sounds like Hollow?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vaughan,
ok so they were small, but thats more than what i have been catching resently, 3 were around the 40cm mark, so wasnt to bad!!! just really good fun, even if i was soaking wet, cold, the fag wouldnt light because it was so wet... i still had a smile!!!
Took my freind who has never been fishing before in his life.. and didnt think it was a good idea... at the end of the night he was asking when i was going again!!! haha

No i didnt go to gun -- hollow!! haha,

SO do you think it will be any good tonight as i notice there is no tide?

Well done last night by the way! :cool:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
James,

Same experience for us, wet through, damp rizzla papers, but lots of fish, as you said great fun and well worth the effort.

Tonight should be quite similar, if the swell is still there, because I don't think there was much tide yesterday either. I have to see the misses tonight, but we will be heading off somewhere tomorrow evening provided the swell keeps up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Vaughan,
Went to Kennack Sands last night and had 2 bass... but nowhere near big enough to keep!! Then with the swell, it brought in all the weed. so lost 2 sets of gear in weed of about 50Ib!! haha but thats the way it goes!!

So are you going tonight then? or did you go last night?
:)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi James,

Nasty that, I have found the south coast to be a nightmare for weed recently, have lost a small fortune in leader and breakaways the past 4 weeks. Still a couple of small ones is a good sign. I am surprised there was so much swell running down there.

Yes I am going out tonight, will dig some lug after work then I have a cricket 20/20 cup match that should finish around 8pm. After we win, I am going to head off and hit the beach. The swell looks good tonight, infact better than Tuesday, and the wind has dropped a bit so I am hoping for a good night.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck tonight mate, im going to leve it for a couple of days and head out again next week when the spring tides are around, should be better then!!

Pity we cant sell the seaweed to the chinese restuarants, i would be a millionare!! haha

cheers mate!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Three of us went out last night to a new spot we have not fished before. Fished the tide up and back from 10pm till 2am. Good swell, and not too windy.

We had 4 keepers in total, 1 each for them and 2 for me :) Not bad sizes, the smallest was 41cm - largest 46cm + Loads of little ones again. All caught on Lug.

Another excellent night and it should get better and better.

PM me if you want to know where we were because lots of people in boats have been netting the areas they hear are fishing well down here. So I am not going to post many locations on the message board now!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vaughan,
Yeah i appreciate that, same goes for me... good to see that there are a few bigger fish around, i dont know if you could help me... i have a abu "millionare" multiplier reel, which keeps locking up on the cast.. as i dont know what im doing i dont really want to take it apart by myself. Do you know anywhere down here which fix reels?
Thanks,
PM me if you want to know where to go in my area..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi mate,

I use 2 Millionaire II's, and love them, but they are Diawa not abu. I have a good mate who has been fishing all his life, he's 60 now, and does rod repairs etc. Luckily I met him through my parents. He is v.good and would have a look at it for you. I sort his computers he sorts out my gear. Are you going to be down my way at any point soon, if you are we could take it over.

If not, Chris at Newtown angling, Praa Sands is great (thats the little porta cabin thing on the road side). Lovely bloke, very fair and is good with reels.

I'll PM you with my mobile and e-mail mate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thanks for that mate i couldnt remember if it was a daiwa or abu, ill sort that out.
thanks for the mobile number, if i cant get my mate to do it here, ill go and see newtown angling.. its not that far away.

They are a really good reel, but due to a lack of maintaince and use, it has corroded a bit!!!
anyway going to buy some new gear tonight powerful enough to blow the gill netters out of the water!!! Do Daiwa do an AK47 assault rifle?! haha :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i think that might do it mate, saw 3 out gill netting last week and along with sweeping the entire beach, pulling up about 4 boxes of sandeel, they also got about 6 bass!! which they chucked back... suprisingly!!

Ok thanks for everything mate going to go and pick up 30 lug and heading out after work 2moz night!!
Cheers, :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts