World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Went out on the Lady Helen from Swansea on bank holiday monday, had one bass about 4lb - first one ever, and having cooked and eaten it I now know why all you lot keep going on about them&#33; &nbsp;

Went again yesterday, but from Laugharne (near Carmarthen off Pendine sands), and had a great day. Couldn&#39;t go out far as it was a bit choppy, first mark produced a couple of Bass, about 3lb each. Second mark was doggie after doggie after doggie, plus a couple of smoothies. Then we went back to the sand bar for the flood, and had a great time on the bass. About 15 were big enough to keep (please remember the rule that they have to be over 38cm folks - it will keep more fish there in the long run. We were throwing back fish of 37 and 37.5cm, but we know quite a few people who would probably have kept them), we must have put back another 20 to 30, and missed lots of bites too. Someone tell me how the #### these bass manage to spit out the hooks so often &#33;&#33;

Can&#39;t wait to go back again, but the next trip is to Kilmore Quay in Ireland - watch out for the report, exclusive to this forum &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#000000'>That was 15 between the four of us BTW - I only had three &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Thats good to hear. Congratulations. If Bass is your thing try newgale in pembrokeshire, I fish there regularly and have good bags. Its in this months sea angler good review, by mike in fact</font>

P

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>:p
Hope they were on your new rod? and those super lugworm</font>

G

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Man,

All this talk of Bass. Think i&#39;ll abandon the web site for a day and go and see if I can&#39;t catch one&#33; Dad&#39;s in Florida working, so what the heck&#33;  

Let you know the outcome...if any  

Looking forward to the Kilmore report
Kilmore Quay is probably one of my favourite places to fish, along with a Guinness at Kehoes after a hard day&#39;s fishing...and the seafood platter (&#33;), can&#39;t beat it  
We had a great day on the mullet last year, I lost count but I think we caught around 20+ between us, should have got the fly rod out...but I was too busy catching fish to go and fetch it

Mike Thrussell Jr</font>

Last edited by LeapingFish at 1084412347

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (Guest @ May 12 2004,18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>:p
Hope they were on your new rod? and those super lugworm</font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#000000'>&#39;allo Dave&#33; &nbsp;

Great lugworm - was that really you and Robbo digging on the beach when he &#39;phoned and said he could see us? &#33;&#33;

Sod&#39;s law by the way, everything was caught on my uptider - never had a thing on the new rod all day, haven&#39;t got a clue why either.</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font color='#000000'>

Goffy,

Dave and myself went out on the Sunday 9th
The morning fished very slow on the sand bank with only flounder, dabs and doggies. we decided to out deaper as the wind had died down compared with your saturday.

We caught smooth hounds, gurnard, plaice, pouting, whiting, poor cod, codling.

When we got back to the sand bank in the evening the bass were just arriving with the flood of the tide.There were only 20 bass caught and only 6 kept biggest of 3 lbs.

Dave took the pool with 8 species caught with myself a close second with 6 species.

The club went out yesterday 16th

we had a very good start on the bank with 25 bass being caught and the biggest of which was 3 lbs but most of the fish were around the 2 lbs mark.

we went out deep again and caught smooth hound, whiting, pouting, poor cod,and flounder.

went back on the bank for the flood the sea was flat carm and the bass a little thin with only around 12 caught.

Dave took the pool once again with 6 species
and myself second with 5
I will beat him one day, perhaps it will be at Kilmore, can&#39;t wait speak to you soon with the arrangments.

Rob</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts