World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote this as a reply to another thread which like it seems all the others trying to discuss this important topic in a local forum got closed down and redirected. I doubt this will stay long either but a reply from Admin would be nice.

Typical, this is all you ever get, same old thing, it can be discussed here, a site that most don't even bother with , rather than confront the matter it's Just dumped onto another site :rolleyes:

Any wonder why some can't be ars#ed to post anything about bass no more :rolleyes:

Stuart
I too would like to know the Admins reasoning for shifting all discussion over to a separate site, a site that has less than 500 members, is private (you need to be registered before you can read or post there and has only existed since Feb 2015. It would also appear to be a site that until recently had been lightly moderated and have had paid the price. I guess this sites Mods have little choice about closing and redirection
I would have thought that the much larger and I hope more respected WSF site could have hosted there own (open not private) discussion area on this important topic.

If the Admin don't want it to merge in with all the other local conversations then I would have thought it important enough to have its own section/tab rather than a redirect to a "political forum"

·
Premium Member
28,885 Posts
I wrote this as a reply to another thread which like it seems all the others trying to discuss this important topic in a local forum got closed down and redirected. I doubt this will stay long either but a reply from Admin would be nice.

I too would like to know the Admins reasoning for shifting all discussion over to a separate site, a site that has less than 500 members, is private (you need to be registered before you can read or post there and has only existed since Feb 2015. It would also appear to be a site that until recently had been lightly moderated and have had paid the price. I guess this sites Mods have little choice about closing and redirection
I would have thought that the much larger and I hope more respected WSF site could have hosted there own (open not private) discussion area on this important topic.

If the Admin don't want it to merge in with all the other local conversations then I would have thought it important enough to have its own section/tab rather than a redirect to a "political forum"
We all have our opinions on this but the fact is the decision was taken to remove angling politics for a variety of reasons. The reasons were not to suppress discussion but it's a topic that has been gone over many times. Any consolation I feel there is a place for AP too, but to the majority it seems to go down the same route everytime which is an issue. Mike has shown many times he will listen to what people want, so I wouldn't rule things out forever. We as posters also have a responsibility to keep things civil though or we can hardly complain.

Thread closed but I will leave it here at least so you see we will answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.